FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Red Hot Chili Peppers

Author Topic: Red Hot Chili Peppers
RivalOfTheRose
Member # 11535

- posted      Profile for RivalOfTheRose           Edit/Delete Post 
Any fans? I am going to see them in Newark, NJ on May 5th!
Posts: 468 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Huge fan. But not of their current style of music. I'd like more nods to funk other than Flea's bass lines.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RivalOfTheRose
Member # 11535

I think Californication had the last true funk song on it with "I Like Dirt" and "Get on Top". Of course BSSM is my all-time fav for the their funk stuff.
Posts: 468 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Love RHCP. I'm going to try to make it back to Michigan to see them at the end of May, but it doesn't look very likely.

I was pretty worried they'd trail off in greatness in this last album since John Fruciante left, but I wasn't totally underwhelmed by Rain Dance Maggie, it's alright. Sounds pretty close to their normal stuff, just the guitar stuff is a little different.

Still, their best stuff is better than most people's, and I'm itching to see them live.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by RivalOfTheRose:
I think Californication had the last true funk song on it with "I Like Dirt" and "Get on Top". Of course BSSM is my all-time fav for the their funk stuff.

Stadium Arcadium had "Hump De Bump". But that still pales in comparison to "Subway to Venus" or "Blood Sugar Sex Magik".
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Life long fan myself, Flea is my bass god.

Any fan should enjoy Anthony Kiedis' autobiography Scar Tissue. It sheds a lot of light on the history of the band, he even talks about when he was kicked out of the band for drugs and was at the MTV music awards watching Flea and the others (mostly brand new hires) get their first big award.

Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
I (along with my wife and a couple of friends) am hoping to see them June fifth in Kentucky. It should be awesome, especially if all of us can go.
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
When was Anthony Kiedes kicked out of the band? I know he went on hiatus the first time he cleaned himself up off drugs, I wasn't aware he was every actually kicked out of the band. Him and Flea are pretty much the only members who have always been with the band.
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uindy
Member # 9743

- posted      Profile for Uindy           Edit/Delete Post 
I love RHCP. I saw them at Lallapalooza in 2006. Amazing concert.
Posts: 58 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RivalOfTheRose
Member # 11535

I am pretty stoked; I am going with Dad to see them in Newark on May 5th. The original show was May4th, but that sold out so quick that they booked the next night!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.