FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Arizona suffering from prolonged heat exposure?

Author Topic: Arizona suffering from prolonged heat exposure?
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
I understand that Jan Brewer, Sherrif Joe Arpaio, and Ken Bennett don't speak for everyone in Arizona... but honestly, what the hell is wrong with them?

Now, I know that Obama makes some people uncomfortable. They're pretty sure he's black (partly), that he has a funny name (to some true 'Mericans), and that with the help of the liberal media he was able to steal the election from an American War Hero and a tasty Alaskan treat...but I thought that we'd finally, FINALLY, raeched a point where we could agreed that this Birther stuff was nonsense.

Arizona 2012 Presidential Ballot

Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
I am realizing this is the guy I gave the demo for for some new features on one of my company's election products. He liked my demo a lot, for what that's worth. [Razz]
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Arizona is trying to be as terrible as our default go-to terrible states. It thinks places like Texas has had far too long a time as the hallmark extremely terrible state government doing crappy things. "Okay so you execute innocent mentally ill people, whatever, we can do better, just you watch"
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Arizona has always been a rural state, and as such our standards for education and government have always been low. Add on top of that the retiree community from the rest of the country and a stubborn but small amount of rich families who have no troubles when it coming manipulating the state.

Every election I look for a suitable replacement to vote for, and there aren't any. Arpaio, McCain... Brewer it may be hard to believe but the people who run against them are worse. We actually just recently got rid of Joe Arpaio's partner in crime Andrew Thomas who served as Arizona Attorney General until he was forced to resign due to federal investigations many of which Arpaio should be implicated in, but not enough to force him out. Not yet anyway.

Fill an area with intellectual young people, money and opportunities and you have Harvard. Fill an area with old people, religo's and innocent people who are afraid to call the cops when one of their family members is kidnapped and you have Arizona.

At least no towns in Arizona have held rallies instructing non-christians to leave town, North Carolina beat us to that one.

Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Ya know, this site need a PLUS button (that'll plug in the name of the PLUSer at the bottom of the comment) for the times when particularly cogent (or maybe particularly funny) comments are made.
Thanks, AchillesHeel.

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Having lived in Wisconsin, Arizona, and North Carolina, I can now only wonder which state I'm going to curse next.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic aspectre.

Edit to add.

Thank you for the new word! Cogent, I can't wait to use it naturally in a sentence.

[ May 19, 2012, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: AchillesHeel ]

Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Arizona has always been a rural state, and as such our standards for education and government have always been low.
Arizona is not a rural state and has not been a rural state since the invention of air conditioning. Only 10.6% of Arizona's population is rural, well below the national average of 16%.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, and with the invention of air-conditioning came the invasion of "The South Shall Rise Again" carpetbaggers along with similarly disposed malcontents.
A real Arizonan knows that "Mexican"s have been living there since well before Arizona became a US territory, let alone a state. And wouldn't go outta their way to torque off their fellow real Arizonans.

Just being truthful, AchillesHeel.
Ain't got any tendency to post "I agree"s or "ROFLMAO"s when I don't have anything to add, so a "Keep up the good work" button would be handy.

[ May 29, 2012, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.