FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bain & Romney & Ryan & 533 lies in 30 weeks (Page 6)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Bain & Romney & Ryan & 533 lies in 30 weeks
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
What, did he take Flaming Communist 301 in college?

To note, I wish we'd had that class available at my undergrad school. I had to settle for labor history.

Out of curiosity, Obama is basically the best friend capitalism has had in, I don't know, maybe a hundred years. He's taken trillions of public dollars and funneled them to the private sector, and single handedly bailed out Wall Street.

Why do that if he's trying to remake the US as a Communist utopia?

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
What, did he take Flaming Communist 301 in college?

To note, I wish we'd had that class available at my undergrad school. I had to settle for labor history.

Out of curiosity, Obama is basically the best friend capitalism has had in, I don't know, maybe a hundred years. He's taken trillions of public dollars and funneled them to the private sector, and single handedly bailed out Wall Street.

Shhhhh! He's obviously an incompetent communist. So much so he makes an outstanding capitalist.

It's sorta like the arguments I've been hearing from Romney supporters about how "He isn't going to remove Obamacare the votes aren't there, he doesn't mean it." I just don't understand how the mental gymnastics that allow somebody to vote for somebody because they aren't actually going to do what they say they are going to do.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yes! Because pivoting to an open embrace of Communism right now is just what we'd expect. Massive aid to capitalism just lulls our guard, and then bam! He catches us with our trousers down!
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

If as many liberals as conservatives believed that Obama was a secret Communist, I bet he'd be elected in a landslide. Most liberals are discouraged by his complete lack of liberalism on most issues.

We could stand to hear a little more Marx in his speeches, though the class warfare stuff is pretty good.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Lambert:
And yet Americans voted him right into the Oval Office.

Pretty cool, eh?
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Wait a second...if we all know deep down he's a Muslim Commie atheist...doesn't that mean, since we endorsed him, we're no longer the nation of Jesus and sunshine? That is...no longer a Christian nation?!?!....!?!?
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
America deserves fire and brimestone!

Cue Southerner Yahoo: "Hey honey, look at im' fiyah! Ya'll get out the hot dawgs and dem' ketchup and rouse em' boys cuz' we're havin' us a BarBeeQ tonight!"

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If Obama were applying for an entry level position in government, with a mentor like that, he could never get any kind of security clearance. And yet Americans voted him right into the Oval Office. [/QB]

Oh look! Snopes did an article on the "if Obama applied for a government job he couldn't get a security clearance" question.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
The Snopes people are known to be biased in favor of Obama and liberal Democrats. You cannot rely on anything they say that involves politics. They cover up and omit the truth all the time, and fabricate things freely to discredit the truth, just like most of the Main Stream Media.
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The Snopes people are known to be biased in favor of Obama and liberal Democrats. You cannot rely on anything they say that involves politics. They cover up and omit the truth all the time, and fabricate things freely to discredit the truth, just like most of the Main Stream Media.

OK, now here's the part where you substantiate these bold claims. We're all waiting.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:

The truth has had an Obama bias for awhile now.

That's why Republicans hate it so much.

Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If as many liberals as conservatives believed that Obama was a secret Communist, I bet he'd be elected in a landslide...

Yep.
If only your Democrats could be half as crafty as Ron suggests.

Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

What part of the article is misrepresentation? What is a fabrication? Can you point to any one claim they made?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
Its the "F" word. Snopes and other commie type web sites like Fact Check.org all use that liberal four letter word "Fact".

A Fact is not the Truth. The Truth is what the spin-masters on the right tell you it is, and anyone who argues against it, especially with Facts, is a left leaning liberal.

See, Facts and the real truth lean left.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Well you're ahead of your usual pace, Ron. This is at least two major, specific claims you've made. The one was proven to be an outright lie, making you a liar, at which time you shifted your position with deft spinelessness and behaved as though that's what you said all along.

Now along comes your Snopes claim. You won't substantiate it much less provide evidence sufficient to consider it proven. No, you'll just leave it out there until perhaps someone offers up examples of Snopes attacking and being deeply critical of Obama and liberals (which, ask actual freaking liberals, he doesn't qualify). At which time there is no doubt you'll bluntly refuse to acknowledge your claim was a lie, or at most alter your position and smugly claim no one disproved your new theory.

I'm really not sure which is worse for this American experiment we've got going, and for humanity in general: people who are liars because the truth doesn't serve their particular interest, or people like yourself who are liars because they lack the courage to face a reality contrary to the one between your ears. At least with the first bunch of dishonest people, you can discover their interest and approach or impede them on what they actually want as opposed to their claims.

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I think we should let Ron be the moderator for the debates. I can't think of a better way for Obama to get reelected. [Big Grin]

Snopes.com is biased? LOL

That's a new one, although it fits in well with the whole " if someone disagrees with me they are commies, and have a liberal slant" vibe that Fox News puts out...

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Link: http://frontpagemag.com/2012/jamie-glazov/the-communist-frank-marshall-davis-the-untold-story-of-barack-obama%e2%80%99s-mentor/2/

Ahahahahaha. Front Page Mag. And the "David Horowitz Freedom Center"

Oh god they also link to Jihad Watch and talk up hate-group founder Pamela Geller

This site is more amazing than it has ever been. It's like crazy fundie islamophobe homophobe (hi Laura Ingraham!) ground zero.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Snopes.com is biased? LOL
The majority of the manufactured controversies and faux conspiracies for the last few years have come from one end of the political spectrum, therefore the majority share of fact-checking and myth-debunking sites has been dedicated to addressing them. People like their myths and conspiracies though, so their only reasonable response is to dismiss these sites as partisan.

Romney recently demonstrated this behavior by first praising the Tax Policy Center as "objective" until such time as it assessed his tax plan as being mathematically impossible, at which point the campaign decided that it was a biased organization rather than, you know, actually contesting the analysis in any concrete terms.

Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The Snopes people

Barbara and David Mikkelson. A nice Californian couple.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
A nice couple of liberal commies, you mean
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
Right. Californian.
Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Until California is willing to elect Republicans to office...oh wait.
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
The day will come when you will admit that everything I have told you is the truth. You simply do not welcome it now. Your loss.
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

quote:
Compare their analysis of the Obama/Ayers connection with truthorfiction.com's analysis of the same subject. Snopes minimizes the connection, categorizing the rumor as a "Partial Truth," while truthorfiction calls it a "Truth" and, in fact, references a CNN expose of the two, as well as a Wall Street Journal article about their connection. Snopes not only does not reference either source cited above, but instead, lists a quote from an Obama spokesman as its main source.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/ayers.asp

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/obama-ayers.htm

Another comparison of Snopes vs. Truthorfiction is their treatment of the email regarding "Obama's 50 lies." Snopes adds editorial comments favoring Obama on unproven statements or even on proven ones where the comments are that he is "taken out of context."

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/50lies.asp

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/obama-lies.htm

There are other things that they list as false, even though Youtube has videos of Obama or others actually making the statements.

I could add that the fact that Obama launched his political career in William Ayer's living room has been testified to by two eyewitnesses who were there. This is just something that willfully blind Obama worshippers don't want to accept, even though it is proven true.
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Ron, do you honestly not know how these kind of introductions work? One doesn't have to be best buddies to host a political or fundraising event for someone. Alice Palmer wanted to introduce the man she wanted to replace her.* Ayers and Dohrn prominent figures in the district (not the devils you imagine them either) agreed to host the event.

*Before she decided to run again after all.

Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
quote:
Compare their analysis of the Obama/Ayers connection with truthorfiction.com's analysis of the same subject. Snopes minimizes the connection, categorizing the rumor as a "Partial Truth," while truthorfiction calls it a "Truth" and, in fact, references a CNN expose of the two, as well as a Wall Street Journal article about their connection. Snopes not only does not reference either source cited above, but instead, lists a quote from an Obama spokesman as its main source.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/ayers.asp

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/obama-ayers.htm

Another comparison of Snopes vs. Truthorfiction is their treatment of the email regarding "Obama's 50 lies." Snopes adds editorial comments favoring Obama on unproven statements or even on proven ones where the comments are that he is "taken out of context."

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/50lies.asp

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/obama-lies.htm

There are other things that they list as false, even though Youtube has videos of Obama or others actually making the statements.

I could add that the fact that Obama launched his political career in William Ayer's living room has been testified to by two eyewitnesses who were there. This is just something that willfully blind Obama worshippers don't want to accept, even though it is proven true.
Truth or fiction has a conservative bias, so we can safely ignore everything they say. Also Rupert Murdoch owns the WSJ so we can ignore them too. Isn't this fun?
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
For an amusing look at how incredibly, incredibly terrible "Truth or Fiction" is, examine how they handled this one:

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/obama-kenya-fake-birth-certificate.htm

They're a sad knock-off site.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Help to big businesses != friend to capitalism. Rather the opposite, in fact. Or one of the opposites, actual communism being the other opposite.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parkour
Member # 12078

- posted      Profile for Parkour           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The day will come when you will admit that everything I have told you is the truth. You simply do not welcome it now. Your loss.

You remember when you showed us that video that you claimed showed Obama's grandmother saying "barack nate dhalani" and at least ten people tried to point out to you that the video never showed her saying this at all and that this wasn't even remotely verified as translatable to what you claimed it was?

I ask because it was a pretty clear, straightforward example of when you are telling us something which is not even remotely true and is something we can easily fact check which shows you completely incorrect, but which you insist is true forever?

Its like this for all of what you present here. There is absolutely no way that people here are going to admit that "everything I have told you is the truth", because nobody is gullible enough to even think that at least half your political claims are fair and factually based.

How can you not see this? What is up with your mind that you are that incapable of figuring out where and when you are just completely wrong? Why are you so convinced on such easily debunked crap as long as it fills you out with the kind of conspiracies you want to believe?

And like I asked before, where do you really think you are "sowing" us towards? Do you think we're really being led towards your way of thinking, as opposed to having been warned away from it as fast as possible?

Posts: 805 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by King of Men:
quote:

Help to big businesses != friend to capitalism. Rather the opposite, in fact. Or one of the opposites, actual communism being the other opposite.
Best friend to what the right in America often defines as capitalism.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Ron, you've been proven a liar after having been offered more chances than you merit to qualify or modify your statements. That's not the first time that's happened, either, and your usual 'someday you'll listen and be sorry!' isn't actually evidence.

Instead, it's a typical weak-willed prevarication. Rather than being a forthright human being capable of the minimum degree of guts and integrity to admit being wrong on the Internet in front of people you loathe, you instead defer your proof of honesty to the future. You can't do it in the present. You have consistently failed to do so. It's fortunate for you that your take on the universe, one which values honesty, is so likewise nomsensical.

Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
Ron, you are good with all these deep secret conspiratorial history ideas, but has the President done anything that you are afraid he would do? Has he hired Ayers or sent billions to Meyers or anything Islamic or Socialist? Has he destroyed America?

No.

Not even close.

So perhaps Snopes was right and Truthorfiction was just a fear generating scare tactic.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh, you're making it sound like Ayers invited him specifically because they knew each other! Or that Obama wasn't in other people's living rooms that day "launching his career" as well!

That's just silly, Ron. You'd better be more careful, or people will begin to think that you actually believe what you write!

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I've recently learned that "Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan" is an anagram for "My ultimate Ayn Rand porn". Coincidence?
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
I've recently learned that "Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan" is an anagram for "My ultimate Ayn Rand porn". Coincidence?

Certainly not.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

Go to Heaven, Rakeesh.

Darth_Mauve: of course--he has done many things directly designed to weaken America and turn it into a third world nation. Which was what Frank Marshall Davis, Obama's mentor, wanted. If you can't see this, then you deserve him.

kmboots, William Ayers and Bernadette Dorn were indeed devils who were active members of the terrorist "Weather Undergound." They planted bombs that killed people. They got off only because the FBI screwed up its case. Neither has ever denied or apologized for what they did. In fact, Ayers has said he only wished he had done more. So he is now a college professor. So he has a house in the suburbs and mows his lawn. What do you think he still stands for? Would you want your children to have him for a teacher?

There is also evidence that Ayers ghost wrote Obama's books.

Lyrhawn, we do not know if Obama (or Barry Sotoro as he was known then) took "Flaming Communist 301 in college" since all his college records remain sealed. Ask yourself: What is it that he does not want America to know about himself during his college years? No other politician that I know of has his college records sealed. Romney's and Ryan's aren't.

The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No other politician that I know of has his college records sealed. Romney's and Ryan's aren't.
What are you talking about? All college records are sealed, by law by default. That's true for every student or former student, including politicians and celebrities. US Universities are legally prohibited from releasing any person's college records except with the express written permission of that person. In order for you to get a copy of my transcripts from any of the Universities where I studied, you would either have to have a warrant or I would have make a written request for my transcripts to be sent to you. The same is true for every person who studies at a US college or University. Including Romney, Ryan, Obama, Biden, and Lady Gaga.

If Romney's college records are available to the public (and I've seen no evidence that they are), it would be because Romney has released them to the public. And unless they were sent to you directly, in a properly sealed envelope directly from the University, they would not be considered "authentic" transcripts for any legal purpose.

I asked here on this forum several weeks ago whether Romney had released his college records and if so, where I could find them. I have received no reply. I've searched the net a couple of times and have not found any reference or links to Romney's college transcripts. If Romney and Ryan's college records are available publicly, as you claim, can you please provide a link.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

If you're right, Rabbit, you may count on never hearing directly from Ron about it, ever

Ron, say go to Heaven all you like, but that won't make you an honest man with respect to politics. You're not-you're a liar. You've been proven on multiple occasions to be a liar. I don't care how many times you spin around and say Jesus, still a liar. On the video, and now on Democratic willingness to embrace spending cuts.

On plenty of other things, really, but those are two easily investigated flagrant examples. Claiming people will change their minds in the future is not, however desperately with fanatic intensity you wish, evidence today.

I'd still love a response from you about how Democrats are, in fact, willing to advance spending cuts as evidenced by a few minutes watching cable news. But you won't.

MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course Rabbit's right. It's FERPA. They're not actually sealed, though. Sealed means that the documents would be pubic, but were ruled by a judge to not be allowed to be released with the court's permission.

In any case, President Obama's college records are private, just like Governor Romney's and Representative Paul's.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

What will Rush Limbaugh say if Hurricane Isaac does actually does hit Tampa during the GOP convention? Will he claim that Obama controls not only the weather forecasters but also the weather?
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Well he does have that atheist communist Muslim Weather Dominator he and the Weather Underground worked on back in college...
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Rabbit:
All college records are sealed, by law by default. That's true for every student or former student, including politicians and celebrities.

[nitpick] All living students and former students. The rules are different once someone is deceased.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Go to Heaven, Rakeesh.

So you run out of real answers for his charges, so you essentially wish death upon him.

Shall we all gaze at you and see you for who you really are, now?

Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:

I like how ryan couldn't throw ayn rand under the bus fast enough when it came down to having to appeal to the religious.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Lyrhawn, we do not know if Obama (or Barry Sotoro as he was known then) took "Flaming Communist 301 in college" since all his college records remain sealed. Ask yourself: What is it that he does not want America to know about himself during his college years? No other politician that I know of has his college records sealed. Romney's and Ryan's aren't.
Ask a better question: What the hell does it matter? Are you really expecting you'll find he took some terrorist Muslim training class in school that will prove to be fodder for your conspiracy theories?

And why point out the name thing?

MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, my conspiracy theory with selecting Rep. Ryan is that Gov Romney has basically given up winning this election (I'm not sure that was ever a major goal anyway) and the GOP business interests are trying to both shift the conversation even more their way and set up Rep. Ryan for a run in 2016.
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I've read similar articles, but not that end with Ryan as the candidate in 2016, it's for Romney to save face.

He knows he's going to lose, so he picked Ryan as a way of saying to the establishment, "Look, I'm not an eastern moderate, I went all-in on your right-wing strategy, look at my VP candidate! And it still didn't work."

And if that's the narrative that prevails, it'll have a pretty big impact on the nominee in 2016 should Romney lose. Many were predicting that, should he lose, the GOP would shift even more wildly to the right, believing they lost because they weren't adhering to their principles enough. But if he loses while hewing to that course, they can't make that argument.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

President Obama still has some serious problems. No president has been reelected with unemployment *or* the economy being at the levels they are. It's surprising the Republicans are not dominating with that narrative.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
quote:
Originally posted by The Rabbit:
All college records are sealed, by law by default. That's true for every student or former student, including politicians and celebrities.

[nitpick] All living students and former students. The rules are different once someone is deceased.
You are correct and as soon as we have a deceased Presidential candidate that exception will be highly relevant.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
President Obama still has some serious problems. No president has been reelected with unemployment *or* the economy being at the levels they are. It's surprising the Republicans are not dominating with that narrative.

I just read something this morning that discussed this in The New Yorker

The gist is that in any other country or time, the GOP would be running away with this election hands down. But the GOP isn't really a party any more.

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.