FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » tales of alvin maker

Author Topic: tales of alvin maker
barlow1999
Member # 12860

- posted      Profile for barlow1999   Email barlow1999         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know if Mr. Card has any plans to write another sequel to the tales of alvin maker? It wasn't finished and I would love to see what happens.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
yep. not sure when though. There will be one more book.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
here you go....wiki!
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MikeMarine
Member # 12859

- posted      Profile for MikeMarine   Email MikeMarine         Edit/Delete Post 
I started reading the Seventh Son over 20 years ago and grabbed up the books as fast as they came out. I've had cancer, heart trouble, diabetes, tinnitus-all Agent Orange Viet Nam related and I've just about come to the conclusion that, with Orson's new Ender series and his two juvenile series that he will have to produce a new book for each year, I probably will not live to read the end of the series. If this is the case I will come back from the dead and pull Mr. Card's toe every night.
Posts: 7 | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sala
Member # 8980

- posted      Profile for Sala           Edit/Delete Post 
MikeMarine, I need a "like" button for your comment! I hope you are able to see the book. [Smile]
Posts: 315 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barlow1999
Member # 12860

- posted      Profile for barlow1999   Email barlow1999         Edit/Delete Post 
5 years ago and he still hasn't even thought about it since then it seems. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I just hope that Alvin has a happier ending then the real person he loosely based some of his life on.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
That strikes me as very unlikely.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barlow1999
Member # 12860

your probably right. At this point I can imagine anyway
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Some things aren't supposed to have "happy" endings.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mulrich
Member # 12863

- posted      Profile for mulrich   Email mulrich         Edit/Delete Post 
He's definitely been on an Ender kick lately. I'm hoping that the knacks in Pathfinder will rekindle some interest in finishing Alvin (or at least remind him of the series). I'm sure there's more financial incentive to stay in the Ender-verse or in new teenage targeted books than in reviving a long-forgetten niche story but I still hope that Alvin will soon get his farewell.

It's been 15-20 years since I started the series. It's been almost a decade since the last installment, which is the longest gap in full-length novels of a series he's ever had. If we don't see some signs in the next couple years I doubt we ever will. Hopefully he has notes for what we wanted to do that someone else can use to write the final chapter in the distant future.

Posts: 29 | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mulrich
Member # 12863

- posted      Profile for mulrich   Email mulrich         Edit/Delete Post 
It also seems like he leaves clues about his current thinking in the short stories he publishes (even if under pseudonym). If you ever see something in one of his many magazines or websites that takes place in an Alvin universe than you know we're getting close.
Posts: 29 | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.