Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Epic trailer for "Cloud Atlas"

Author Topic: Epic trailer for "Cloud Atlas"
Sa'eed
Member # 12368

- posted      Profile for Sa'eed   Email Sa'eed         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like 5 minutes epic. [Cool]

It's made by three film makers...the Wachowski bros and the guy who made Run Lola Run.

[ July 26, 2012, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: Sa'eed ]

Posts: 668 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aros
Member # 4873

- posted      Profile for Aros           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get it while you can. The WB is scouring the nets trying to remove this trailer.
Posts: 1193 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
amazing clip.
Posts: 8696 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Link no longer works. :/
Posts: 13749 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sa'eed
Member # 12368

- posted      Profile for Sa'eed   Email Sa'eed         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Now linked to Apple Trailers.
Posts: 668 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sa'eed
Member # 12368

Hugh Grant at 0:59.
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, should I order this book and read it?
Posts: 14403 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Desperately hoping this is better than The Fountain.
Posts: 4092 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aros
Member # 4873

- posted      Profile for Aros           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey . . . The Fountain was really good! Not great. But it was really good.
Posts: 1193 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did like the Fountain, but it wasn't the movie I expected to be. Maybe a better phrasing is:

"This looks like the kind of movie I expected the Fountain to be. Given that the Fountain already exists, I hope this one actually IS the movie I expected the Fountain to be."

(That is, deep and compelling but also a bit more traditional and without resorting to ambiguity to make itself seem deeper)

(By contrast, last year's Tree of Life looked like what the Fountain actually WAS. I haven't actually seen and am not sure how it compares but now I sort of want to watch them all in a short timespan)

Posts: 4092 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_   Email Stone_Wolf_         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, I tried to watch Tree of Life...didn't get very far. Style is nice and all, but not when it gets in the way of storytelling.
Posts: 5035 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow....beautiful trailer.
Posts: 14957 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, this looks really interesting.

It also looks like it needs to be about four hours long to make sense.

Is the book worth reading?

Posts: 21267 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sa'eed
Member # 12368

quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
Wow, this looks really interesting.

It also looks like it needs to be about four hours long to make sense.

Is the book worth reading?

I enjoyed every story in it, and I felt that the book is really a novella collection with the novellas thematically being connected (and loosely being connected in narrative), with a cliffhanger gimmick thrown in for kicks.
Sa'eed
Member # 12368

quote:
Originally posted by Stone_Wolf_:
Man, I tried to watch Tree of Life...didn't get very far. Style is nice and all, but not when it gets in the way of storytelling.

I saw The Thin Red Line some time ago and it bored me to tears. However, as always happens to me when it comes to artsy films, I now can't stop thinking about the film. I guess my expectations of what it was going to be had much to do with my reaction (I thought it be a war film a la Saving Private Ryan -- but it's not. It's a consistently brooding and meditative art film.) Anyway, I want to see it again and seriously go through the whole of Terrence Mallick's work including The Tree of Life because I find scenes like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkqiWhAxy_Y

...to be so rapturous and beautiful and the sort of thing I love to see in films.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.