FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Enders Game Swag

Author Topic: Enders Game Swag
erikthirsk
Member # 12868

- posted      Profile for erikthirsk   Email erikthirsk         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello...I worked on the Enders Game Movie as Colonel Graff's(Harrison Ford) Stunt Double and Stand In. I have an Enders Game official crew jacket that I have to sell....as I am moving and I am basically broke. Would anyone like to buy it?

[ July 28, 2012, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: erikthirsk ]

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZachC
Member # 12709

- posted      Profile for ZachC   Email ZachC         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh My God that's awesome.
Posts: 87 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't it make more sense to sell it on eBay? I'm sure that's your best chance for getting top dollar.
Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
This might be spam.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZachC
Member # 12709

Yeah that is a possibility....
We should ask him questions only the REAL erikthirsk would know.

Posts: 87 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erikthirsk
Member # 12868

- posted      Profile for erikthirsk   Email erikthirsk         Edit/Delete Post 
it is not spam. I can verify anything you want. go to my imdb page if you want. I could use EBAY but I wanted fans of the movie/book get first shot at it
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erikthirsk
Member # 12868

I am Harrison Fords permanent stand in...
ZachC
Member # 12709

If its the real deal then I might be interested in buying it.
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
there is an IMBD page for someone of that name.

That being said...

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't take the paranoia personally, you are roughly the fourth new person in only a few days on a discussion board that rarely gets new people. Also the use of the word swag is somewhat foreign here.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erikthirsk
Member # 12868

Sorry to alarm folks. Swag (Stuff-We-All-Get)is just a term for the stuff they give to us for all the work we put in to the production. One would think we get paid alot to do what we do but it really isnt that much for the hours we put in (usually12-14 a day) if anyone wants to see it...drop me a note at
erikthirsk at gmail dot com

odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by erikthirsk:
I am Harrison Fords permanent stand in...

Totally unrelated, but has anybody seen The Rock's stunt double? The guy is UNCANNY.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2130274/The-Rock-stunt-double-wardrobe-mishap-mismatched-jackets-Pain-Gain-set.html

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
erikthirsk: Welcome to Hatrack. It's very nice of you to offer that sort of merchandise here, as there are certainly people interested in it (myself included). That said, there's a policy of not permitting soliciting on Hatrack as the Cards don't want the liability. There's also the concern of spam and phishing schemes.

Generally, asking for advice on making a purchase, or established members of the community offering to buy or sell something is permitted.

In this instance, if you have already been corresponding with people via email, I certainly won't stop that. They enter into business arrangements at their own risk (though I don't doubt what you are saying is true).

While it was nice of you to give us the first opportunity to buy, still I would be *more* comfortable if for future reference you instead linked to say an Ebay listing, or Amazon, or the like, and posted it here.

I'll be locking this thread, but feel free to create a new thread with the listing. This is a bit of a meet you half-way. If you were listing cell phone accessories at wholesale price, I'd just remove the link, and lock the thread.

Thanks for being part of the movie, I hope it was at least a positive experience.

Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.