FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Gordon Levitt

Author Topic: Gordon Levitt
Sa'eed
Member # 12368

- posted      Profile for Sa'eed   Email Sa'eed         Edit/Delete Post 
So, what do you think about this actor?

He's now in everything.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0330687/

I have fond memories of him from 3rd Rock From The Sun. He's experiencing quite the career success right now.

Posts: 668 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
His career peaked at Angels In The Outfield.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aros
Member # 4873

- posted      Profile for Aros           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Olivia Wilde is in everything.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1312575/

Seriously, how the heck is it even possible!! 27 IMDB entries (including several tv shows) from 2010 onward.

Posts: 1204 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
Enjoyed him in 50/50.

As far as I am concerned he and Tom Hardy were the only things that kept Dark Knight Rises worth watching.

Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, he's been great since he was an elderly alien stuck in a long-haired kid's body.

Fantastic actor.

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
He's fun in Brick and I can't wait to watch Looper.
Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginol_Enam
Member # 7070

- posted      Profile for Ginol_Enam           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:

I'm assuming this is a joke, but its hard to tell sometimes.
Posts: 450 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ginol_Enam:
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:

I'm assuming this is a joke, but its hard to tell sometimes.
His post Angels career is the joke!

[Wink]

Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capaxinfiniti
Member # 12181

- posted      Profile for capaxinfiniti           Edit/Delete Post 
One of my favorite actors. I liked his acting in 500 Days of Summer, Inception, and Brick. Even though the movie overall sucked he was awesome in Hesher. I'm looking forward to seeing Looper tomorrow as I'm a Bruce Willis fan too.
Posts: 570 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Stephan:

As far as I am concerned he and Tom Hardy were the only things that kept Dark Knight Rises worth watching.

You enjoyed Gandolf the body builder as he gibbered along like a know it all teenager from middle earth?

I really loved Brick and many of his other movies.

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Stone_Wolf_:
quote:

You enjoyed Gandolf the body builder as he gibbered along like a know it all teenager from middle earth?

More like, kept me interested enough not to leave the theater.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
The Lookout is a great example of how well Levitt can melt into a role. Isla Fisher and Jeff Bridges both really show off thier range as well.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
I can never look at Gordin Levitt without thinking that he's a bland clone of Keanu Reeves. Talking looks only, not comparing acting skills!
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AchillesHeel:
The Lookout is a great example of how well Levitt can melt into a role. Isla Fisher and Jeff Bridges both really show off thier range as well.

Jeff Daniels ≠ Jeff Bridges

[Smile]

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

- posted      Profile for Dan_Frank   Email Dan_Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Stone_Wolf_:
quote:

Yeah, Deckard Bane was great. I liked him quite a bit. But, I liked the whole film, unlike many folks, so...

On Topic: Yeah, Brick was the first film I saw Gordon-Levitt in, and I thought it was fantastic. I haven't seen a lot of the other movies mentioned in this thread, but I ought to.

Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

I thought 50/50, 500 Days of Summer, Inception, and Hesher were all excellent and Gordon-Levitt impressed me greatly in each and every one of them.

I'll definitely be checking out Looper.

Lookout looks interesting too.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
Brick is really good. But it could have been stronger with a more interesting victim character (Like Lily from Veronica Mars) and the reason that she died was kind of lame.
Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

Looper was terrible. What a disappointment.
capaxinfiniti
Member # 12181

- posted      Profile for capaxinfiniti           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Looper was awesome. Best movie I've seen in a while.
Posts: 570 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

Yikes. We had people walking out of our theater.

Looper was like four different movies in one. I couldn't tell whether it wanted to be a time travel movie, a horror movie, a relationship drama, or a bad 80s action movie. It tried to be all, but just couldn't pull it off. It would also introduce side plot points and then just let them drop. I have no idea who okayed that script.

Also, I thought the nature of time travel in the film started out interesting, but then got sillier and sillier.

edit - to be fair, I thought it had a lot of promise. And I was pretty into it for the first 1/3 - 1/2 of it.

[ September 30, 2012, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: Strider ]

manji
Member # 11600

- posted      Profile for manji           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't understand how hiding in a safe would save you from a toddler Jean Grey.
Posts: 339 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.