FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Video games (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Video games
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd need the guitar too, alas. I have an acoustic, but no plug in. But I'm still considering it.

Thanks for the review, now I'm pining for it all that much more. [Smile]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm getting a Wii U the second Bayonetta 2 comes out, and then I'll get Pikmin 3 and Rayman along with it (and maybe Zombieu)
Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Here is my review of the XCOM demo:

It doesn't run on XP.

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by Stone_Wolf_:

It doesn't run on XP.

I think the only things that run on XP these days are our hopes and dreams.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

It doesn't run on XP.

XP's dirX support is already end-of-lifed and microsoft is dropping literally all support for it forever in about a year.

It is over a decade old.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
XCOM's ratings are out.

quote:
ockPaperShotgun - Words/10
Kotaku - YES/10
1UP - A
GodIsAGeek - 10/10
Gamespy - 5/5
GameRanx - 5/5
GameInformer - 9.5/10
Gaming Nexus - 9.5/10
CVG - 9.2/10
Machinima - 9/10
Joystiq - 4.5/5
Edge - 9/10
GamesRadar - 4.5/5
The Escapist - 4 and a half/5
Eurogamer - 9/10
StrategyInformer - 9/10
Destructoid - 9/10
LazyGamer - 9/10
Official Playstation Magazine - 9/10
GamesTM - 9/10
Videogamer - 9/10
PC Gamer - 87/100
Polygon - 8.5/10
Gamer.NL - 8.5/10

drops tonight. can be preloaded on steam.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
I have an acoustic, but no plug in.

Stick on AXL Acoustic Guitar Transducer Pickup with 1/4 Jack and 9 Foot Cable for $14 All you need to (other then the game) to use your current acoustic.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Also, you get the following rewards if you pre-order on steam:

quote:
Reward 1

Elite Soldier Pack*

The Elite Soldier Pack will provide the ultimate tools for soldier customization in XCOM: Enemy Unknown, including:

Classic XCOM Soldier
Players will instantly receive a new recruit in their barracks inspired by the original X-COM: UFO Defense. The iconic soldier with the blonde, flattop hairstyle will return fully modernized.
Soldier Deco packs
Players can customize their soldier with several aesthetic upgrades to armor suits, including the new Hyperion and Reaper soldier armor kits.
Complete color customization
A variety of colors and tints for all armor sets in the game allow players complete control to customize their squad’s look.

Reward 2

Everything Above, Plus:

3 Exclusive XCOM TF2 Items*

The Crafty Hair
If you're ever planning on fighting aliens, this is the hair to have.

Area 451
If aliens ever invaded Badlands and used their special alien powers to make all of our heads look like alien heads, this is a scientifically accurate representation of what Pyro would look like.

The Vigilant Pin
This pin proudly states to all that you are at least vaguely aware of the possibility that maybe aliens exist.

Reward 3

Everything Above, Plus:

A Free copy of Civilization V!* Already own Civilization V? Gift a copy to your friend.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
I have an acoustic, but no plug in.

Stick on AXL Acoustic Guitar Transducer Pickup with 1/4 Jack and 9 Foot Cable for $14 All you need to (other then the game) to use your current acoustic.
Huh...didn't even know this existed, but even if it only kind of works, that saves a ton of cash. Thanks.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

De nada.
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
Dishonored comes out tomorrow.
Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
BlackBlade, if you are interested in MechWarrior Online, PC Gamer has a deal. Buy this months copy and get an invite to the closed Beta, plus a skin for your Mech and a Coconut Monkey for the dash. [Big Grin]

They have a great write up of the game, and I have a team you can run with if you want. We use Teamspeak for comms, and most games run about 10-15 min a whack. I play Davion, and the team is HeadHunters of Davion, one of the oldest groups playing. [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I am in MechWarrior Online as well, though I haven't played for a bit. I want to try it now that they've fixed up the graphics some.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

MWO would be nice if it didn't heat my computer to a glowing, semiliquid state.
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone else playing Borderlands 2? I've been playing the new Mechromancer and I love the ability to toss out my very own tank whenever I want.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

What platform do you play it on?

I've a couple hours of dishonored. It's alright. Wish I was playing it on PC. Exploring a lot. Teleportation is fun, even if it feels cheap when you get a stealth kill with it.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

XCOM is like the best game I have played in a long time.

I am so damn glad they made the tutorial intro optional. They knew.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Now I'm kinda sad that the only puter in my household with the vid card to handle it is running XP.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.