FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Dear...

Author Topic: Dear...
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
RE: this thread

Dear Hatrack,

Please use this thread to post copies of letters you have sent to companies/groups.

Thanks

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

RE: NickMom

Dear NickJr,

I live on the West cost, which means your adult programing starts at 7 p.m., which means I and my still awake children will be watching a different channel, like DisneyJr or Sprout, you know, a kid's channel that actually shows content for...children.

If you want to put programming for moms (I'm a dad by the way, thanks for the genderism) put it where it belongs...on demand or the web, and not on THE CHANNEL WE PUT ON TO ENTERTAIN THE KIDS!

Thank you.

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear My Congressman

You will never read this I could literally just put anything I want in it la la la bla bla bla you aren't reading this it just goes in the trash la la la

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholarette
Member # 11540

- posted      Profile for scholarette           Edit/Delete Post 
Are you sure you mean nick jr? Cause here nick jr never has adult programming. Nick and nick2 have adult programs though.
Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
If you go to the nick jr webpage, there's a thing there on the home page stating how at 10pm ET, NickMom starts up.

It's been many a year since I watched Nickelodeon, I had no idea they had expanded so much.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Valve,

Make Half-life 3 all freaking ready.

Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by umberhulk:
Dear Valve,

Oh, don't worry. They would never dare release prematurely.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Stone_Wolf_:

(I'm a dad by the way, thanks for the genderism)

Thank you for that. I am so sick of everything for babies having mom in the title. From Pampers to Amazon.

Dear Any Restaurant Without a Baby Changing Table in the Men's Room:

I take my two little ones out to eat fairly often. Either put a changing table in your men's room, or be prepared for me to go into the women's room. Thank you to all the local malls and movies theaters for the family restrooms.

Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Blizzard,

Pandas? Really?

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Blizzard,

Thanks for the Pandas!

Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholarette
Member # 11540

Go on vacation and they change everything.
Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear ABC,

I've never written to a network about a tv show before, but Modern Family is one of the most well written and hilarious shows I've ever seen. Keep it up.

-Dave

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Dear SEIU Local 925:
You apparently decided NOT to cover employees in my new agency, but continued to deduct dues from our wages. Further, you have not responded to my repeated requests for an explanation and a refund. My next request goes to the Governor, my legislators, and the media.
Sincerely . . .

Guess who got a refund of 9 months worth of improperly deducted dues? No explanation, of course. *roll eyes*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by umberhulk:
Dear Valve,

Have you seen the Gaben emails?
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Wolf, I gotta be honest. It's your job to change the channel at 7. It's not that hard and takes very little effort.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholarette
Member # 11540

I agree with wolf. Changing the channel isn't hard but it kinda sucks when your kids favorite show isn't on when they are watching.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

PSI...I DO change the channel at 7. Actually, I put it on Nick Jr less and less during the day knowing that need will arise.

And I thought that might be something they would like to know.

It isn't a question of effort. It's that there are very few (4 or 5) channels which are dedicated to preschool programming. So it sucks when one decides to start putting on stand up comics on before even a reasonable child's bedtime.

There is something else to consider...that at times I have to go upstairs to put away launders or clean a bathroom, and while that doesn't often happen at 7 pm, it can and has happened, and so I left with educational cartoons and return to *adult content* (not swearing or nudity).

Jeff C.
Member # 12496

- posted      Profile for Jeff C.           Edit/Delete Post 
Stone Wolf, a good solution, if you want my advice, is to get rid of your cable. Get Netflix instead. If you have a gaming console, you can stream it directly to your TV. Also, there's two versions that you can choose from: regular Netflix and Netflix for Kids. Both come with a huge amount of shows. If you also get Hulu Plus, you've essentially taken care of most of the shows that are on right now (Hulu releases episodes the day after they air, while netflix posts entire seasons of shows after they've been released on dvd). It saves a lot of money in the end, too.

That's what I'd do, anyway.

quote:
I want some elaboration on this, if you don't mind. I ran some searches but I didn't see anything.
Posts: 1324 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

I have Netflix...it isn't a problem, as there -are- four of five channels for the kids, but thanks!
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Wal-Mart:

I wear women's size 4X. You have apparently stopped carrying size 4X, or at least the Wal-Mart where I live doesn't seem to have any new 4X clothes in stock.

I am not the only large woman in this town. We all have to wear clothes. I want a jacket that will fit me for the cooler weather until it's time to pull out my winter coat. You missed my $48 on Friday because the store doesn't carry my size. Now multiply that by a hundred or so ... (there are way more than 100 large women in this town who shop at this Wal-Mart, but they don't have that many of each item, besides not having the right size)

I'll be shopping for clothes at Cato, apparently. Their stuff generally looks nicer, anyway.

(edited to add: after writing this, I went to walmart.com and found their facebook link, "liked" the local store and sent them a message asking for larger sizes. I probably wouldn't have taken any action if I hadn't seen this thread. Now we'll have to see if it gets the desired result.)

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Stephan:
quote:

Thank you for that. I am so sick of everything for babies having mom in the title. From Pampers to Amazon.

I take my two little ones out to eat fairly often. Either put a changing table in your men's room, or be prepared for me to go into the women's room. Thank you to all the local malls and movies theaters for the family restrooms.

As a Mum, I heartily endorse this statement. There should be no reason why it is (was) harder for my husband to take our son to be changed then it was for me. Family restrooms are brilliant.
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Re: NickMom (the shows they have look STUPID btw), if we could queue up more than one 'On Demand' episode at a time, we could work around this issue, but really, we shouldn't have to. What bothers me is the way that these media companies keep co-opting the channels they create for a specific group with content not for that group. Whether it's music stations that no longer play music, so they create another channel just for music, which THEN gets changed, or a Cartoon Network that isn't showing cartoons, it sucks and it's stupid.

My 2 and 4 year old are usually going to bed/asleep by 8, so it doesn't come up often, but it did the other night. Eva (2) took a late nap, and was wide awake quite late. We ran into that NickMom crap, so we switched it up. We ended up on The Hub, and now Batman:TAS is her favorite show, right after Dora.

It seems like a little thing to complain about, but I guess I just don't get why you put crap like that on at those times, especially if it's on at 7 on the west coast. Blech.

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Dear All DVD makers everywhere,

Please do not make us sit through your previews and production animation by disabling the "menu" or "skip forward" buttons. It is truly annoying, and when you are trying to quiet a young child by popping in a DVD it is more then annoying, it's painful.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Not to mention I already paid you for a product, not to be advertised to.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff C.:

quote:
I want some elaboration on this, if you don't mind. I ran some searches but I didn't see anything.
I'm right on it!

ETA: http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/f/f7/Gabeemail2.jpg

There are some other ones on that same website, his replies are hilarious. I'll go ask /v/ for some more obscure ones.

Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Dear Chase Bank,

It is utterly ridiculous that you charge $6 to cash one of your checks. You are obligated to honor your own checks, and it should not matter if the person cashing them holds an account with you or not.

Dear Wells Fargo Bank,

It is annoying as all hell that you won't cash a Case bank check unless the Wells Fargo account holder receiving the check has enough to cover the check, and that you utterly refuse to contact Chase to see if the account the check is written on has enough in it to cover it.

scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Dear Chase Bank,

It is utterly ridiculous that you charge $6 to cash one of your checks. You are obligated to honor your own checks, and it should not matter if the person cashing them holds an account with you or not.

Yeah. I'm not sure how this is legal.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Dear Dog Owners,

Clean up your dog's crap or else I will find you and force feed you said excrement without sauce. Seriously, kids play in the park, my kids. And if I catch you in the act of abandoning your K-9's refuse, there will be police involvement, because ditching dog doo is not only immoral, it's illegal. Jerks.

scholarette
Member # 11540

My daughter wanted to know when they will be making nick dads so her parents can both watch it. And then they should put them together so we can watch them together .
just_me
Member # 3302

- posted      Profile for just_me           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by imogen:
quote:
Originally posted by Stephan:
quote:

As a Mum, I heartily endorse this statement. There should be no reason why it is (was) harder for my husband to take our son to be changed then it was for me. Family restrooms are brilliant.
I concur.

I'm a dad and was the primary changer in my family. I have many many times entered the ladies room to change my kids... I did always announce my presence to avoid anyone getting too surprised, but I've gotten plenty of dirty looks. Only once that I recall has anyone said anything to me:

her: you know this is the ladies room
me: yes, I know, but I need the changing table
her: well, you're in the wrong bathroom
me: no, I need to change my kids, and this is the bathroom with the changing table so I'm in exactly the right bathroom.
her: you shouldn't be in here.
me: well, then tell the store to put a changing table in the men's room, because I will use whatever bathroom has the changing table.
(at which point she left in a huff)

In my circle of friends most of us dads are the primary caregivers. Maybe it's not "traditional" but I don't think it's rare these days.

Posts: 409 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just_me
Member # 3302

- posted      Profile for just_me           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Dear Dog Owners,

Clean up your dog's crap or else I will find you and force feed you said excrement without sauce. Seriously, kids play in the park, my kids. And if I catch you in the act of abandoning your K-9's refuse, there will be police involvement, because ditching dog doo is not only immoral, it's illegal. Jerks.

Dear Stone_Wolf_,

I cannot agree with you more.

Only for me it's not the park it's the middle of my own friggin' front lawn. Which is a hill... a hill which my kids like to roll down for cryin' out loud!

arrghh

Posts: 409 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Dear Shigs,

That post you made in Aros' Wheel of Time thread was not okay. I doubt that a single poster here isn't a reader, or else why would we be here, and to intentionally ruin the ending of such a large series of books is just so malodorous. You should really consider not doing that kind of thing again and apologizing if you are planning on staying around here, as you have made a very negative first impression, on, I assume, quite a few people here.

Shigs
Member # 12864

- posted      Profile for Shigs           Edit/Delete Post 
I really appreciate you trying to help me out, Stone Wolf. Allow me to give you some advice in return - quit letting the television babysit your kids, and your NickMom problems should come to an end.
Posts: 55 | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

You are welcome. I do not stipulate your assumption nor feel you are qualified to judge my situation on as little information as is available to you.
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
This is not mine, but from the news today. Good to know some companies still care.

quote:
Hello.

My name is Luka Apps and I am seven years old.

With all my money I got for Christmas I bought the Ninjago kit of the Ultrasonic Raider. The number is 9449. It is really good.

My Daddy just took me to Sainsburys and told me to leave the people at home but I took them and I lost Jay ZX at the shop as it fell out of my coat.

I am really upset I have lost him. Daddy said to send you a email to see if you will send me another one.

I promise I won't take him to the shop again if you can.

– Luka

LEGO's response

quote:
Luka, I told Sensei Wu that losing your Jay minifigure was purely an accident and that you would never ever ever let it happen ever again.

He told me to tell you, "Luka, your father seems like a very wise man. You must always protect your Ninjago minifigures like the dragons protect the Weapons of Spinjitzu!"

Sensei Wu also told me it was okay if I sent you a new Jay and told me it would be okay if I included something extra for you because anyone that saves their Christmas money to buy the Ultrasonic Raider must be a really big Ninjago fan.

So, I hope you enjoy your Jay minifigure with all his weapons. You will actually have the only Jay minifigure that combines 3 different Jays into one! I am also going to send you a bad guy for him to fight!

Just remember, what Sensei Wu said: keep your minifigures protected like the Weapons of Spinjitzu! And of course, always listen to your dad.

Full Story
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
That's very sweet.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
That's very sweet.

It really was.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DustinDopps
Member # 12640

- posted      Profile for DustinDopps           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Dear All DVD makers everywhere,

Please do not make us sit through your previews and production animation by disabling the "menu" or "skip forward" buttons. It is truly annoying, and when you are trying to quiet a young child by popping in a DVD it is more then annoying, it's painful.

I don't know where I learned this (probably back when I worked at Best Buy), but it has been infinitely useful with little kid DVDs. After the first commercial starts, press:

STOP STOP STOP PLAY

It will take you directly to the menu for the disc. I heard it is a shortcut the manufacturer includes for their techs to be able to skip stuff. It has worked on 90% of the DVD players I've tried it on, including the Disney Princess TV/DVD combo.

Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

I'm going to try this, thanks for the tip!
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Decorated Naval officer and ordained minister Todd F made a deal with a stay at home father of two Mike N, whose wife has been disabled since the birth of their second child.  The deal was for used baby cloths, supplies and toys. Mike had organized, sorted, cleaned and prepped them, trying to make their fixed income from disability streach. At the time of the sale, man of God Todd & wife were in the process of adopting a baby, and did not have the cash to buy all the equipment for sale, but believing in the goodness of people Mike suggested a deal: the F****s take everything, paying what they could afford now & sending the remaining $240 within a year. Todd agrees, shakes Mike's hand, gives him his business card, signs a handwritten agreement and begins to load his car with bag after bag of baby clothing, each bag labeled with gender & size, all cloths washed, folded and ready to go. On top of this go bags and boxes of toys, high chairs, blankets, all gear that has been used to raise two small children from two small babies, so much stuff it almost does not fit in the car.

When Mike tells his wife he has sold all the baby stuff she lets out a squeel of joy, before wincing in pain. How much did we get, she wants to know. When he explains the deal he has made with decorated United States Naval Officer & ordained minister Todd F***** she suppreses a sob, saying "We will never see that money!" "No. This is a man we can trust." He declairs. Fast forward a year. Mike calls the number on Todd's card, answering machine, leaves a message, no reply. Mike emails Todd, no reply. Mike contacts Todd's fellow chaplain, who informs him that Todd has moved to the east coast very recently. Of course, of course it was as simple as he has changed his contact info because of moving & changing commands. Nearly two years after the deal was made, almost a full year after payment was to be made, Mike finds Todd onLinkedIn.com & contacts him through their message system as well as his direct email, no response. Mike writes a strongly worded plea. Please don't ignore me. Please pay us what you owe us. Please man of God Todd. Please. Todd replies, rudely, implying dishonestly on Mike's part. Some of the toys' contact points are rusted & they ended up adopting a nine year old not an infant so...he doesn't want to pay. Mike gently insists. Todd, rudely agrees. When the money does arrive, a year late with no apology, it arrives $40 short, with a note, less fourty dollars for rusted toys. Mike emails Todd, asking why he felt justified in shorting him, no reply.

So, what conclusions can we draw from this little story of woe? The human mind can justify almost anything to itself.  If a stranger walked up to Todd F and asked him if he would break a promise he had made to a man who's eyes he had looked into & hand he had shook, a man whose only motivations were to help Todd's family come together & help his own family at the same time, if you asked Lieutenant F****** if he would be rude to him, ignore him, short him, this father, husband, man of God would NEVER think himself capable. But, that is exactly what he did. What story must he have told himself to permit himself to act so horribly and still see himself as the hero of the story? In his own mind the story has changed. He was ripped off! He got -almost nothing- out of the deal, just the small satisfaction of donating the baby stuff. Add to that the painful connection to not getting the adopted baby & a nine year old instead. It all makes sense...in his head...to his emotions. He had to -throw away rusty toys-! Never mind that it was an as is sale. He FEELS justified because he FEELS cheated, having to pay when he didn't get anything out of...just because he promised to.

[ February 11, 2015, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: Stone_Wolf_ ]

Dogbreath
Member # 11879

- posted      Profile for Dogbreath           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey S/W, as crappy as your experience may have been could I recommenend you remove Todd's real last name from your post and/or use a pseudonym?
Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Please explain why? I'm feeling a tad vindictive. A tiny pinch of public humiliation seems apropos.
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

Well legally, what you wrote can be construed as libel and I'm not sure the Cards want to deal with that. That's up to BB to decide though and I'm sure he'll do whatever he deems appropriate, none of ny business.

More personally I'm not sure publicly shaming someone over a matter of $40, including mentioning more than enough information to be identified by employers (there's only one person of the name you mentioned of that rank and billet in the Navy), is entirely appropriate or justified. Minor issues like this happen from time to time; I gave someone my (very old) car and put new tires on it under the understanding she would pay me $500 for it once she got a steady job and was settled in. A year later and I haven't been paid and it's slightly annoying, but I can't imagine publicly humiliating her about it. Also haven't been paid back for a plane ticket I bought someone else. I'm sure if I think about it there's plenty of times I haven't been paid back by friends, I just don't dwell on it.

Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

This wasn't a friend. A complete stranger answered a craigslist ad. He used his status as currency, to walk away with the goods...he gave me his card...he made sure I knew what he did for a living even though it had nothing to do with buying used baby stuff. And reneged.

As to slander...slander has to be -untrue-.

Dogbreath
Member # 11879

Libel.

I'm sure you have enough evidence to support the veracity of your claim. What I'm not sure of is whether our hosts are interested in opening themselves to that sort of potential legal scrutiny in order to provide you a space to air your grievences. I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable putting that sort of imposition on them.

I recommend filing a complaint with craigslist.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

I'll whistle the post and ask if BB wants Todd's last name removed.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
In general, when you find yourself justifying an action by saying "I was feeling a little vindictive," you might reconsider that action.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Did I miss any?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.