FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm exansion out 03/12/2013 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm exansion out 03/12/2013
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure that blizzard has sucked at storytelling forever independent of the actiblizzard merger. I mean, Metzen came with the package.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the original StarCraft's story. I also liked the WarCraft games and Diablo II as well. They weren't fantastic, but they were definitely better than the current offering. Just my opinion.
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
millernumber1
Member # 9894

- posted      Profile for millernumber1   Email millernumber1         Edit/Delete Post 
Soooo late to the party, but I'm loving the campaign for HotS, after having gone through WoL last month. I can sort of see the complaints, but I see a lot of the problems as being gameplay tutorial things trying to mix it up with characterization. Not having played the original or Brood War, I don't really have any frame of reference, so I'm just enjoying it all. Yes, it's full of cheese (and not just the cannon rush type [Wink] , but the basic strokes of fun characters and cool situations are realized enough for me.

I don't much like the always online thing, but since I am always online (desktops!), it's not a huge problem.

Posts: 428 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
I was ok with the HoTS storyline. I liked it just fine. Sure, there were some head scratching moments "Hey, Raynor saved me, let me just revert myself back to what I was before!" but overall I liked it.

I don't mind there being a super big baddy either. The constant war between the three factions could get stale, so it is nice to see a fourth faction, even if it does give off a World of Warcraft / Sargeras vibe.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.