FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » JenniKwea and I have a baby girl!

Author Topic: JenniKwea and I have a baby girl!
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
My wife, who barely posts here these days (what else is new) is finally in labor. We were suppose to be here Monday morning, but they were so crazy with walk-ins already in labor that our inducement was pushed back 2 full days.

They are starting the drugs now, and sometime tomorrow (it's her first baby, they usually take longer...usually) we should have a new baby!

We know it's a girl, and I am under orders not to post the name until she is born (happy wife=happy life). So far everything is going well, and as far as we know the baby and the momma are both healthy, but we would appreciate any prayers/well wishes you can give.

Kwea

[ May 02, 2013, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck to all three of you. I'll pray for a safe delivery and healthy baby & mommy.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] fingers crossed
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck! [Cool]
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

- posted      Profile for Dogbreath           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck!
Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
How exciting. Best wishes to you all
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck. [Smile]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck, Kwea&Jenni:) I hope the stress and anxiety pass as swiftly and with as little difficulty as possible!
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stilesbn
Member # 11809

- posted      Profile for stilesbn   Email stilesbn         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck. My wife is due in a couple of weeks with a baby girl too!
Posts: 362 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Szymon
Member # 7103

- posted      Profile for Szymon   Email Szymon         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck! Update us on the name soon!
Posts: 723 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

39 hours of labor as she was induced, with about 13 of it fairly hard labor...and 2 hours of pushing, with an hour in-between. At the end, she needed an emergency C-section, but she and the baby are doing well.

Her name is Cailee Elieen, and she was 7lbs 10oz, and 18 2/3 inches long.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Szymon
Member # 7103

- posted      Profile for Szymon   Email Szymon         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 723 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! How exciting!

That sounds like it was really tough on JenniKwea, but now that Cailee is here, I'm sure it was all worth it!

[Smile]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats to the two of you, man!

Huzzah!

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

JenniK is still in the hospital, she had a serious respiratory infection before labor, an it got worse. She should be fine, but they had thought she might have had a pulmonary embolism last night. Turns out it wasn't, thank God.

I have to go back to work tomorrow, but then I have Wendsday and Thursday off so it will work out.

SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to Mom, Dad and baby Cailee.
Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Any chance you could link us to a picture?

[Smile] [Big Grin] :)

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!
Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave] Congrats!

When my son was born I lost my stuff, just openly weeping for joy and pride. Happiest moment of my life, hands down.

It's weird, we knew there was a baby in there, and he was coming out, and yet it was a total shock when he was born.

Sorry about the coplications dude, but glad to hear everyone is healthy and safe.

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

They came home today, and we are thrilled. I will post pics when I get a chance...I haven't used my Picassa account in years, I guess I will have to dust it off.

[ May 02, 2013, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats and welcome baby!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the world, future bibliophile!
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! That is wonderful!
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't you say something about pictures?
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
He also said "when he gets a chance." Which, with a newborn, is going to be a while [Big Grin]
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! [Smile]
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Thanks! She's 11 weeks old today, and starting to get her sleep patterns evened out (mostly).

I will post some pics, I forget how to since Facebook...lol...

Pegasus
Member # 10464

- posted      Profile for Pegasus   Email Pegasus         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!

I just got home myself from having my 2nd daughter (although 1st with new partner & healthier happier relationship) I mainly lurk these days, but your post inspired me to speak up [Smile]

Posts: 369 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

very cool!
Kwea
Member # 2199

mine is 3 months old now, and growing like a weed!
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome, Kwea!
Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.