FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Spotify to All Access

Author Topic: Spotify to All Access
Thesifer
Member # 12890

- posted      Profile for Thesifer           Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone here use Spotify, or Google All Access?

I just switched from Spotify to Google All Access, as it gives a free month, and it will be 7.99 if you sign up before end of June instead of 9.99, so $2 cheaper.

Has anyone experienced All Access?

I figure I have nothing to lose. If it sucks, I can switch back to Spotify, without losing anything.

But I believe the integration with my Galaxy S4 is going to make All Access awesome.

Posts: 164 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
What's the music selection like?

One of the things I like most about Spotify is the huge catalog, and the fact that they are constantly recommending great obscure artists I've never even heard of before. I'm willing to pay $2 more to get that kind of access.

Also, how does Google compensate the artists?

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
^This.

Also, do they offer lossless streaming?

Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Slacker Radio is really impressing me, they even have comedy albums to stream in the same way Pandora streams music.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I learned the other day that Spotify has both comedy albums and even some books on tape.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thesifer
Member # 12890

~20,000,000 songs. They claim. I can't find any data on what they pay the publishers for the music.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/15/4334790/google-music-all-access-hands-on-versus-spotify-rdio

I have so far found the music that I listen to, but I don't go away from the mainstream too often to be perfectly honest.

For me, I need music for my car, and $2 cheaper + integration with my Galaxy S4 was it for me.

The ability to always go back to spotify made it a no lose situation though.

Posts: 164 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

See connectivity isn't an issue for me because I can sync my phone via bluetooth to my car, so any service is fine.

Song selection is my biggest issue.

Thesifer
Member # 12890

I sync it with Bluetooth to my car as well, but I don't like that I have to go through, open Spotify, etc. With All Access, It just autoplays.

Also with a Free Month, it's not like anyone that tries it loses anything, as long as they remember to cancel.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.