FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Folks, lock up your wallets. Steam Summer Sale Is Here. (2015 Edition) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Folks, lock up your wallets. Steam Summer Sale Is Here. (2015 Edition)
Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

- posted      Profile for Elison R. Salazar   Email Elison R. Salazar         Edit/Delete Post 
Waiting for the Raj of India DLC to go on half price or something. Already spent my budget on The Forest, a Harrowing Log Cabin Horror Simulator.
Posts: 12931 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

- posted      Profile for Dogbreath           Edit/Delete Post 
Just picked up Torchlight II today. Waiting for it to download now... $4.99 is not bad at all.
Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

- posted      Profile for Dogbreath           Edit/Delete Post 
Also, finally caved and bought Skyrim for $9.99. I've been putting it off for 3 years now. (plus, my wife really wants to play it, so I justified it as a "it's more for her" purchase. (it's not))
Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I really liked Torchlight II, especially the music. I just have too many games and I can't finish them all!
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Someone gifted me Torchlight II awhile back, and I got the first Torchlight game for free as part of a limited offer by GOG.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
I really liked Torchlight II, especially the music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP6y_yDrchc
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
+1
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Kickstarter games are now on sale at Steam.

Link.

[Big Grin]

Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
/bump
Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, good call. I just got back from my honeymoon so I missed it this time around.
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday I picked up Transistor, Beyond Earth/Starships, and Sunless Sea, extra Sins of a Solar Empire dlc. All for less than $40.

I'm hoping Offworld Trading Company goes on sale at some point even though it's still in Beta.

And I have a few Sega games in my cart.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
http://store.steampowered.com/app/269650/

I'm waiting for a better discount on this. The combat looks stiff but the game world is badass.

Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
Also got Transistor, Beyond Earth, and Sunless Sea.

I usually don't go in for Early Access games, but I did buy Mini Metro. It looks like something I'd like to support.

Also, it doesn't look like it's on sale yet, but one I'd highly recommend, if you like puzzle games, is Splice.

There seems to be a ton of great indie games on there.

Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

And Offworld Trading Company is half off today.

Don't mind if I do. [Smile]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

- posted      Profile for Elison R. Salazar   Email Elison R. Salazar         Edit/Delete Post 
I picked up Life is Strange.
Posts: 12931 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
I picked up Banished and quickly remembered that I get bored of any video game with a steeper learning curve than Super Mario.
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 9506

- posted      Profile for 777           Edit/Delete Post 
I got Prison Architect (because I trust Introversion Software), Oblivion, and Planetary Annihilation.
Posts: 292 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
I keep buying inexpensive games with good reviews and then finding out that I don't like to play them. Latest is that Binding of Isaac Rebirth game.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heisenberg
Member # 13004

- posted      Profile for Heisenberg           Edit/Delete Post 
These steam sales and everyone's enthusiastic endorsement of the deals have just about convinced me to take off my pirate hat and just get good deals on games at Steam and GOG.
Posts: 572 | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Heisenberg:
These steam sales and everyone's enthusiastic endorsement of the deals have just about convinced me to take off my pirate hat and just get good deals on games at Steam and GOG.

An excellent decision. Not to mention some fantastic games are basically free to play.
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by 777:
I got Prison Architect (because I trust Introversion Software), Oblivion, and Planetary Annihilation.

A friend of mine just got PA.

Is it really good?

Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

Yeah, so all told, I made 61 purchases during this Steam sale. A lot of indie games, not too many big titles. One that has hooked me here at the beginning is an Early Access game called Plague, Inc. It's kind of the opposite of the board game Pandemic, where you and the other players are co-op in trying to contain and cure an outbreak. In Plague, Inc, you *are* the outbreak. This game is very well done, very polished, and very much complete, for an Early Access game. I highly recommend, if you can get past the fact that you win by wiping humanity off the face of the earth.
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

I only purchased Heroes of Might and Magic III HD. I attribute my restraint to having a computer that can barely play a lot of these games at this point, and just not having time to play games much these days.
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=133&v=-ixFA2KOg64
Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOnZ9hYiArs

even better!

JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

Interesting...
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

Lyrhawn, if you see this, can you tell what you think of Offworld Trading Co. so far? This is one on my wishlist, and I've been apprehensive about it being in Early Access.
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFZVXG0g40Q
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Monahan:
Lyrhawn, if you see this, can you tell what you think of Offworld Trading Co. so far? This is one on my wishlist, and I've been apprehensive about it being in Early Access.

I'd wait, maybe. There's still a lot missing I think before id call it a complete game, and replayability is somewhat limited.

Still, the concept is neat and the graphics and gameplay are fun. It's also very challenging and I regularly get beat by the computer. At th moment it's just a bit simple and there's not a ton to do.

If you catch it really on sale it might be worth grabbing to store for later. I have high hopes for it

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.