FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Passing of a Grandmother

Author Topic: Passing of a Grandmother
RivalOfTheRose
Member # 11535

- posted      Profile for RivalOfTheRose           Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly, my wife's grandmother will be passing away soon, most likely in the next few weeks. I am going to make a slideshow of all of their pictures together over the years, but I am having trouble coming up with good background music for the montage. Anyone have any recommendations? They never really had "a song" or kind of music they listened to together, but that would have been my first choice. I appreciate all of the kind words in advance, and will truly grateful for any help.

Thank you.

Posts: 468 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a genre they would be partial to?
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
I would do something without lyrics, maybe like a solo piano piece or something classical.
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a particular emotion you're going for? What sort of relationship did they have?
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Jherek Bischoff's Eye's don't mind the overly strange video. It is very nice of you to do this.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RivalOfTheRose
Member # 11535

- posted      Profile for RivalOfTheRose           Edit/Delete Post 
They have a good relationship. We seem them a few times a year, especially around the holidays.

Maybe some kind of sappy Sinatra or Dean Martin song?

Posts: 468 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I love piano music for this type of thing....elegant, serene, and beautiful. But I love classical music in general, so.....

Jim Brickman's first CD, By Heart, is great.

Sorry for your (pending) loss.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
John Doan...Music at Sunset

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00093Z5Z8

Tra Amici or Visit ti Heaven

Sorry

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to suggest Sinatra. Or some awesome big band music from the 1920's if you want something more upbeat and happy.

My father does a lot of these slideshow videos. He usually includes different songs depending on when the pictures took place and the context.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh by the way here is Visit to Heaven on youtube:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCcQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fm.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DmZenFHQuol4%26desktop_uri%3D%252Fwatch%253Fv%253DmZenFHQuol4&ei=iRRDUoqDDu _LigLbx4AY&usg=AFQjCNF1EUSpR3AHlE4zss0BY20T7Qr_rA&sig2=r5xAOrIrvTBt_USvmYoLkQ

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.