FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Onion has an amusing take on the Washington Redskins name change debate. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Onion has an amusing take on the Washington Redskins name change debate.
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Wingracer:
quote:
Originally posted by stilesbn:
Yankee is an example more analogous to NAACP or UNCF.

Being from the south, I can assure you that that is not always the case. [Big Grin]
In the south, "Yankee" is a pretty universal replacement for "Arrogant, rude, insufferable so and so" in less polite terms. In fact, about the only place that the term "Yankee" isn't often uttered with a curse attached to it is...The North. Or when you're talking about the Baseball team. Except that anyone who hates the baseball team still adds additional verbiage to the term.
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wingracer
Member # 12293

- posted      Profile for Wingracer           Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly.
Posts: 891 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Geraine:
I'm going to start a petition to change the name that Ritz and other companies call their thin, bread wafers.

The word "Cracker" is an extremely racist term and is offensive.

Who will sign my petition?

Also, anyone aware that slopes or walls used to regulate water levels are called dykes? I immediately move to rename these things to "wall used to regulate water levels," as the word dyke is also very offensive.

Oh, and we should put massive pressure on England to stop calling cigarettes "fags."

Since "redskin" is offensive, we should also immediately stop calling people "white" or "black" to describe skin pigmentation.

Goodness, what a horrible, offensive world we live in.

Your drive-by posting is getting worse and worse.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.