FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Spoil Ender's Game for me (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Spoil Ender's Game for me
vineyarddawg
Member # 13007

- posted      Profile for vineyarddawg           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
half in the bag did Ender's Game

http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag-enders-game-and-thor-the-dark-world/

That is a totally fair review. I can't disagree with pretty much anything they said.

I can't imagine that my opinion will ever change that this movie could have been so much better if it were broken into two 120 to 150 minute movies that were filmed back-to-back, Peter Jackson style (or Matrix 2 and 3 style, except that it would be good). There's just too much content to remain true to the books in a 100-minute film.

EDIT: The one real disagreement I had with them was on Harrison Ford's performance. His mannerisms were exactly how I pictured the book version of Graff. Of course, there's no way to know that if you haven't read the book, so it's understandable that they wouldn't get that.

Posts: 124 | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mhoram
Member # 13092

- posted      Profile for Mhoram           Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed on Ford/Graff. He didn't fatten up like book Graff, but I thought Ford nailed the character, with his commitment to doing whatever it took to win the war, yet caring deeply about the kids.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.