FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Malanthrop

Author Topic: Malanthrop
misanthrop
Member # 13083

- posted      Profile for misanthrop           Edit/Delete Post 
It's been a while and I truly do miss this forum. I would never create a fake account to mask myself in this forum. I used a name close enough (and maybe more accurate) to malanthrop. In case any of you are wondering, this is the first time I've returned. I have no doubt, others who came after me were accused of being me, just as I was accused of being others who came before me. Maybe I should've reregistered as "Masochist", because the conversations I've had here were the most aggravating, annoying, challenging, stimulating, enlightening and enjoyable I've ever had. I'm a "law of the land, Constitutional Republic" kind of guy, while many of you are all about "democracy", so I put my fate in your "democratic" hands. Take a vote if I'm welcome or not. Consider me a "dreamer". Of course Papa Janitor can use "prosecutorial discretion" or grant waivers to the law.
Posts: 9 | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you intend to resume posting as a combative, dishonest jerk? If so, I'd appreciate it if you didn't bother. But if you regret being a combative, dishonest jerk and want to post more constructively, I see no reason why you wouldn't be welcome.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
misanthrop
Member # 13083

I was never dishonest and I would hope standing firm for one's position and principles wouldn't be construed as combative. I'm not reformed, I just came back from being deployed for a year in East Africa, so the little things like Hatrack are coming back to me and gaining importance. I'm only intolerant of whiny, victim mindset Americans. You name the hell hole, I've been there. Every time I come home, I appreciate it more and see how the least among us is the most fortunate.
Posts: 9 | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm not reformed

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jake
Member # 206

- posted      Profile for Jake           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by misanthrop:
You name the hell hole, I've been there.

How about North Korea?
Posts: 1087 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Obviously. Take the man at his word, 100% been to North Korea, Somalia, the DRC, Zimbabwe, Sudan and South Sudan, Rwanda, walked through the Rocinha favela, Ciudad Juarez — like he said, name the hell hole and he's been there!
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
misanthrop
Member # 13083

Ok, there are a lot of shit holes I haven't been to because most shit hole states don't gather together even though they look alot alike. When you list Zimbabwe and Sudan, is that really any different than Washington and Oregon? Washington and Oregon are also independent states, like France and Germany but in America we forget that States were meant to be independent states. Thank you. I didn't mean to stereotype all of Africa because I've only been sent to Egypt, Ethiopia, Somalia and Yemen. I didn't mean to stereotype all of S America because I've only been to Mexico, Columbia, Guatemala and Panama. I didn't mean to lump all of Asia together because I've only been to Singapore, Japan, Thailand, and PI. Where does Australia and Hawaii fall in because I've been to both many times. Iraq once for six months. Afghanistan four times. Curacao, Cabo, Turkey. BTW, have you been to Alaska? I have. When I say, "I've been everywhere", I don't mean it literally, only relative to your miniscule experience. Have you had a desperate 12 year old boy try to sell his body to you on a Columbian beach? Have you been in a cab ride in Jebel Ali with the driver trying to sell you a Russian woman for $600?
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
When you list Zimbabwe and Sudan, is that really any different than Washington and Oregon?
malanthrop.txt
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
malanthrop: I have not given you any indication that your previous forum ban has changed. Please stop changing your IP address, and posting here.
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.