FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » *SPOILERS* thoughts on Thor

Author Topic: *SPOILERS* thoughts on Thor
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
*SPOILERS*

I really liked the movie, I think it was better than the first. It was cool for many reasons, but here is my main point.

Everyone threatens to kill Loki if he betrays Thor, I thought about and don't think he actually did. He runs Algrim thru which doesn't appear to kill him, hence the Loki killing hug. So Loki fakes death. But this seems a reasonable strategy against a foe even Thor couldn't overpower. And while he tricks Thor into thinking he is dead, he does this after the battle at hand is over. So while he desserts Thor before the final battle with Malekith, this is also his only chance to avoid prison. Maybe he would have taken another stab at Algrim if needed.

Also totally needed in the movie, because after the events in Avengers, the world might not have looked kindly on Thor and Loki showing up working together. Would likely have destroyed Thor's rep.

So was there a betrayal here? Or was he just employing a useful battle tactic, then ceasing the chance to get away from Agardian jail?

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
He has supplanted Thor's father and is sitting on the throne of Asgard. That's a betrayal.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

Well ok, I guess there is that.
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
I was literally laughing in the theater (I tried to stifle myself as much as possible) at the opening. It was just so over the top and ridiculous. The rest was very fun.

Tom's right.

Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I might see this on Friday. My brother wants to see it in 3D but I don't think it's worth it.

I'm more looking forward to the next Captain America.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

I sort of think he just impersonated Odin, and didn't really remove him. Like Odin just happened to be out of the room when Thor was there. I'm probably wrong, and I'm not saying Loki is good now by any means, just saying while he is still sneaky, conniving, and evil, he didn't directly double cross Thor.

Also JonHecht, which part of the opening was so ridiculous? The battle in Vanaheim came off as sort of silly so I'm guessing that, or Thor's angst maybe. Maybe Loki's "trial" or do you mean the war with the dark Elves? That part didn't seem that funny to me.

And i am also really looking forward to Captain America.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.