FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Interstellar Teaser

Author Topic: Interstellar Teaser
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/65458

It's not much to go on yet. But out of the science fiction movies slated for next year, this is the one I'm most pumped for.

Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, as others have said that could have literally been an advertisement for a bazillion companies, rather than a movie trailer. Your trailer should tell me a little about your film, just knowing space exploration is somehow involved isn't much.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I envy any of you who avoided seeing Man of Steel, but if Man of Steel exists, I don't understand how you could truly understand Man of Steel and get excited about a vague dramatic company advertisement for InterstellarCorp™ with Christopher Nolan's name attached.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
I envy any of you who avoided seeing Man of Steel, but if Man of Steel exists, I don't understand how you could truly understand Man of Steel and get excited about a vague dramatic company advertisement for InterstellarCorp™ with Christopher Nolan's name attached.

I like space films, so I'm excited.
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Man of Steel seriously tempered my enthusiasm for Nolan.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by T:man:
I like space films, so I'm excited.

Sure but, like, like I said. Man of Steel.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:

Nolan produced Man of Steel, which means dick. It's not like he ghost directed it.
Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

(I wish he ghost directed it)
scifibum
Member # 7625

He's credited for "story" as well. [Frown]

And had this to say about it:

quote:
"He basically told me, 'I have this thought about how you would approach Superman', I immediately got it, loved it and thought: That is a way of approaching the story I’ve never seen before that makes it incredibly exciting. I wanted to get Emma Thomas and I involved in shepherding the project right away and getting it to the studio and getting it going in an exciting way."

—Christopher Nolan, recalling the moment when Goyer presented the idea of a modernized Superman.[51][52]

[Frown] [Frown]
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

is a paraphrase of every producer for their movie ever
scifibum
Member # 7625

[Big Grin] Oh, probably.

But the point is that Nolan's involvement isn't a guarantee of much of anything. Except, maybe, muted, gloomy color palette.

The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

Sure.

Look what happened to The Counselor, the last movie I made a thread about.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.