FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Shannara on MTV

Author Topic: Shannara on MTV
Aros
Member # 4873

- posted      Profile for Aros           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/shannara-series-works-at-mtv-663313

Big news: Shannara is being adapted for tv by Jon Favreau and the team behind Smallville. Assuming the scripts get approved, it'll bypass pilot season and go straight into production.

In related news: Apparently MTV is still on the air and creating new content. I'm a little more skeptical about this one.

Posts: 1204 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmmm. I read a lot of Brooks as a kid, but I'm not sure I'm all that interested in this.

Especially from the Smallville people.

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aros
Member # 4873

- posted      Profile for Aros           Edit/Delete Post 
I've read a lot of his work. It was very good, at times.

It all depends on the production and publicity. As a generic background for a fantasy series, Brooks is serviceable. It could be the best show on tv or it could be the worst.

<shrug>

Running with the Demon might have proved a better series to go with. But it's not really (high) fantasy. Maybe Scions of Shannara?

Posts: 1204 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Elfstones was my favorite of them all (until Wishsong, which tied it), and I hope they adapt it well. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.