FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The last 100 is a great show!!!

Author Topic: The last 100 is a great show!!!
Szymon
Member # 7103

- posted      Profile for Szymon   Email Szymon         Edit/Delete Post 
NOT!

After 15 seconds I thought it is no good.

After 1 minute I knew it was no good.

After 2 minutes I wondered if it was a parody or something.

After 3 minutes I turned it off.

I want 3 minutes of my life back. One would think tv shows' standards are sky high now. Bleh. I really am disgusted, I try watching everything science fiction but most of it is really bad.

Posts: 723 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
Darn, for a moment I actually thought you meant it. I'm in the market for some good sci-fi TV.

Isn't this on the CW, though? The channel with a show about Mary Teen of Scots where everyone dresses like they shop at Forever 21 and the main religion of the French people in the 16th century is... druidism.

So I'm not surprised that it sucked.

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

It's the CW man.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bella Bee:
Darn, for a moment I actually thought you meant it. I'm in the market for some good sci-fi TV.

Isn't this on the CW, though? The channel with a show about Mary Teen of Scots where everyone dresses like they shop at Forever 21 and the main religion of the French people in the 16th century is... druidism.

So I'm not surprised that it sucked.

Almost Human has amazing potential and just ended it's first season. The plotlines they left open give it a very "Fringe" feel, but right now it seems they are a little stuck in procedural story telling. If it gets a second season (and it should) I hope they move more towards serial storytelling the way Fringe did.

Believe also seems to have a small amount of potential. It has only had two episodes though so I'm not passing judgement yet.

And.......Heroes is returning.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dansigal
Member # 12661

- posted      Profile for dansigal   Email dansigal         Edit/Delete Post 
And that was a well informed worthwhile review.

NOT!

I'm sorry I can't take anyone's opinions seriously when they come right off the bat and make a judgment about a show while getting the title wrong and admitting to only watching the first 3 minutes. I mean seriously, after 15 seconds you had made up your mind about the quality of an entire television series?

I actually watched the ENTIRE pilot episode and thought it was fairly solid. There were some internal inconsistencies with the plot to be sure, but it's got a great adult cast (and we'll see what the younger cast can turn into) and a very cool premise that can go in a lot of interesting directions.

Posts: 38 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

Yes, it was the end of Almost Human that gave me the gap in my sci-fi viewing. I enjoyed that show. Thanks, Geraine for the idea - I'll at least check out Believe.
Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Herblay
Member # 11834

- posted      Profile for Herblay           Edit/Delete Post 
Szymon came onto Hatrack and spoiled the ending of the Wheel of Time, directly after the last book was released. I will never trust him.
Posts: 688 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Szymon
Member # 7103

- posted      Profile for Szymon   Email Szymon         Edit/Delete Post 
Herblay, I'll try not to that anymore.

Dansigal, sure it's not an informed review. It's not a review at all. You have the upper hand of having watched it so I can't actually argue with you. It's just... I could actually feel I know the ending of not only the pilot, but also the whole season to be.

Terrible acting, from what I've seen. Stereotypical evil-future-policemen. Young person who is going to be wiser, much, much wiser, than her age suggests. I stopped right there, but I feel that after they went to Earth, they found there are people there already. Some of them evil ones, sure, but there are also good, true humans. She joins their true cause.

I mean, I may be wrong, of course. But I felt a whirlpool of fierce mediocrity pulling me down, craving to drown me in dull, pathos-filled pathetic dialogues and sensless battles of which we've seen a legion. I wanted to share this feeling with fellow Jatraqueros.

And as to your question: yes, after 15 seconds I made up my mind about the most probable-close-to-zero quality of an entire television series.

Posts: 723 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

- posted      Profile for Dan_Frank   Email Dan_Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
Yeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

It's the CW man.

I don't watch TV on TV anymore, but I'm pretty sure Teen Wolf is on the CW, right?

I have to admit I really like that show. At least the first two seasons. It's a lot smarter than it looks at first glance.

Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

You've just undone all the trust we've built up over the last couple years.

I hope Teen Wolf was worth it!

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NobleHunter
Member # 12043

- posted      Profile for NobleHunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Teen Wolf is on MTV in Canada... I know this because of reasons. But I will say the cast is smarter than the writers.
Posts: 185 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dansigal
Member # 12661

- posted      Profile for dansigal   Email dansigal         Edit/Delete Post 
Teen Wolf is indeed an MTV show.

Also, silly to dismiss a show just because it's on CW. Arrow is currently doing the crime fighter/superhero thing just about as well as it can be done on TV right now.

Plus I think it's really cool that CW is kind of embracing the super hero/supernatural/scifi genre as their go to these days. For fans of the genre, the more merrier and the more success CW has with it, the more likely they will continue to develop similar programs. So I'm all for giving them the benefit of the doubt and seeing where their new shows go for a few episodes before writing any off.

Posts: 38 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Szymon:
NOT!

After 15 seconds I thought it is no good.

After 1 minute I knew it was no good.

After 2 minutes I wondered if it was a parody or something.

After 3 minutes I turned it off.

I want 3 minutes of my life back. One would think tv shows' standards are sky high now. Bleh. I really am disgusted, I try watching everything science fiction but most of it is really bad.

I didn't read this thread but I remembered the title, so when my wife came across the show I said, "Hey some of my Hatrackers liked that one!"

So she proceeds to watch it while I overheard the dialogue. I thought some of you were idiots in less than 10 minutes. [Razz]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I'll admit my guilty pleasure is Supernatural, but even I'll admit that the show is pretty terrible most of the time. I mostly watch now because Mischa Collins is pretty funny, but we're not really even getting that.

I'm not really the target demographic, though.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
My wife liked Supernatural (and I'll admit I was warming to it) for awhile.

But as soon as the angels turned into complete jerks, and demons were just misunderstood and didn't want to be forced to bow down to mankind I lost interest.

For me angels are always good, fallen angels are halfway to being demons, and demons are evil. If you want something morally gray that's an angel or a true demon, pick another vehicle.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

Arrow is great now, but it will run and run, getting worse and more nonsensical until it finally dies a hideous, pointless death at the end of season 11.

Because that's what the CW does to good shows. The keep them until they are no good any more, and then for seven or eight more years afterwards.

sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
(delurking)

Lyrhawn said:

quote:
It's the CW man.
Painfully true. Decent concept wasted on a crappy network.

Stopped watching after this line five minutes into the show:

From some punky alpha male wannabe type:
quote:
You don't like being called Princess, do you, Princess?
I'm waiting for Defiance to come back on Syfy, even though they screwed up by putting all the backstory online connected to the gaming section of the show.
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
I just wish Hiatus would come back...
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jake
Member # 206

- posted      Profile for Jake           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by solo:
I just wish Hiatus would come back...

Now there was a show.
Posts: 1087 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone else sad we didn't even get a real resolution to Hiatus? I mean, I know the show runners didn't have much choice and all, but to leave it on THAT cliffhanger? It was painful.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

I'm still hoping that one day they get the original cast of Hiatus back together and make a big screen movie. They keep talking about it, but nothing seems to happen.

Kickstarter?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.