FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Gaming communities

Author Topic: Gaming communities
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been on the PS4 network for a couple months, and I haven't been playing any titles that are worth a multiplayer team up with friends. With the release of Destiny I noticed that I don't have anyone on my friends list. I plan on getting Destiny and enjoying the mmo side of the game, but hope to keep away from negative experiences. It would be nice to play with Hatrackers.

If anyone wants to add me on PSN I am under Leibniz1646.

Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately I'm on Xbox Live, "BlackBladed". :\
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

- posted      Profile for Dogbreath           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thinking about buying a PS4 in the next month or so, mostly to play Destiny with some guys at work. (a lot of guys who haven't played video games in years are buying it, it looks amazing) Once I do I'll hit you up.
Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DustinDopps
Member # 12640

- posted      Profile for DustinDopps           Edit/Delete Post 
I have a PS4, but don't own Destiny yet. I'll send you a friend request, though. I am TacoDave, for the record.
Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess this is where I'm supposed to slide in and make some unoriginal quip about how I as a console shunner am obviously superior and don't have to muck about in your console peasant affairs or something
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Mainly though I just hope that destiny doesn't suck and flop, because that right there's an apocalyptic conflagration that will hit console developer confidence square in the jimmies. it's literally over half a billion dollars of resources being spent on a single game.

also if it does well they'll eventually have to PC it up so

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Destiny has already hit $500 million in sales, so it's at least close to breaking even. But of course they are also still making DLC and running servers/updates so it's hard to say if they've actually made any money on it.

It almost certainly has brought people into the console market I should think.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
PSN: mattzttam
Xbox Live: go2ten

Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thesifer
Member # 12890

- posted      Profile for Thesifer           Edit/Delete Post 
I played the Alpha and Beta version. I'll get it eventually.
Posts: 164 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
I accidentally preordered two copies. If anyone wants the PS4 version for cheap, PM me.
Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I buckled and got Destiny, along with a new job today. I hope they each go swimmingly.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
wish the extra copy was PS3...lol
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
Add me on PSN: geraine

I've the PS4 version of Destiny, which I probably played too much of last week. I'm surprised my 6 month old isn't humming the main theme.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

I hit the cap while somehow retaining friendships and some physical health. And I'm just in time for the first high level raid to open tomorrow!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.