FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Blizzard Cuts Titan Loose

Author Topic: Blizzard Cuts Titan Loose
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Link.

[Frown]

The only new IP they had coming down the pipe and now they talk about eternal support for WoW. Is Blizzard never going to leave the world of Diablocraft?

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Also, seven years of development gone. I'd be very surprised if they have anything remotely ready to announce at Blizzcon. I was so looking forward to an announcement too.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
"Also, seven years of development gone"

Probably not a total loss. I'm sure they can re-use most of the development tools they created, and probably a lot of graphic and audio assets too.

Not that it isn't a bummer, of course.

Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

That's true, and maybe even gameplay ideas. And I'm sure Blizzard has more than one project in the works, but this really was supposed to be a bold new offering by Blizzard, and I was already feeling Warcraft/Starcraft/Diablo weary.

I say that as somebody who *loved* Hearthstone as a concept and in execution. But Blizzard used to make new IPs continually, then about the time of Starcraft they just stopped.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
titan was probably an experiment on their end wherein they were attempting to put as many resources as possible into determining whether or not they could create what would have been called a "WoW killer" -- basically the next great ieteration/revolution/Thing in MMO-ville. it never panned out, which is reasonable. if such a thing can be done at some point, the tools necessary don't yet exist. any mmo you would want to make would be prone to an ESO style morass. you're better off just sticking with WoW, ... even though WoW's plot was essentially torpedoed straight to the ninth circle of animu and pauldron-born superjesus marysues
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
so ok this thread is now about how nothing remotely like world of warcraft's plot has any business existing
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't played WoW yet, I'm not sure if my PC can handle it. I did just upgrade to a Pentium III, though, so maybe.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no interest in WoW.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by scifibum:
I haven't played WoW yet, I'm not sure if my PC can handle it. I did just upgrade to a Pentium III, though, so maybe.

How can you even internet?
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
[delurk]I predict that the ultimate WoW killer will eventually be WoW itself. [/relurk]
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.