FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Interstellar (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Interstellar
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
The cylindrical space stations are right out of Rendezvous with Rama. I thought I noticed quite a few homages to a number of sci-fi classics, including Star Wars.

As to 2001, the tesseract had a distict visual feeling like HAL's memory banks, as Bowman turned him off. There was a lot of visual stuff that didn't necessarily match, but just gave the impression of other movies, such as when he gets in the spaceplane with a clamshell cockpit and a smart alec android in the back seat flying shotgun, or the back of his head with an oxygen hose coming out of the helmet.

I"d have to re-watch it and take notes to get all the things I thought were references. There were lots of them.

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.