FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » American History Role Playing Video Game

Author Topic: American History Role Playing Video Game
aged_cheese
Member # 13227

- posted      Profile for aged_cheese           Edit/Delete Post 
I was working on a videogame set in Colonial America. I don't expect anyone to donate at all; I just wanted to share this with people who are fans of the Alvin Maker series who might enjoy another piece about American History. [Smile]

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bitbonton/americana-dawn-historical-rpg

[ November 29, 2014, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: aged_cheese ]

Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jake
Member # 206

- posted      Profile for Jake           Edit/Delete Post 
There's also the Meriwether: An American Epic game that was successfully kickstarted about a year ago. It's more of 1st person history sim than anything else, and I'm somewhat skeptical that it will end up being fun--the weapon loading system mentioned in their last update certainly seems tedious--but I'm curious to give it a spin once it's released.
Posts: 1087 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by aged_cheese:
I was working on a videogame set in Colonial America. I don't expect anyone to donate at all; I just wanted to share this with people who are fans of the Alvin Maker series who might enjoy another piece about American History. [Smile]

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bitbonton/americana-dawn-historical-rpg

Wow, there is already so much work that has gone into this one. And what a fun concept. Very impressed. [Smile]

That said, you should totally sneak in an NPC named Alvin. The only reason I am not immediately donating is that I need to finish up school this month, transition into a job, and see where cash flows are then.

Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.