FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hannibal Season 3

Author Topic: Hannibal Season 3
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFpriWdw9nQ

The wait for this is going to be hard.

This show is amazing. It's extremely surreal and doesn't really have much pretension of taking place in the real world. Great cinematography. It's also the only show where the gore really gets to me. Dexter had the effect on some people, but Dexter never got to me at all. Some of the violence and other imagery in this show will haunt you forever. Promise.

At first I thought the show tries a little too hard. But halfway through S2 I stopped feeling that way. I stopped caring, I love this show.

Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
A podcast I listened to once with Anthony Bourdain listed Hannibal as the best cooking shown on any channel or show on TV, hah.

That's not all it's good for by a country mile, but I thought that was funny.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you get some dishes you can't get anywhere else.
Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
So ready for the new season. The show just keeps improving and impressing me.

And I'm really excited because Richard Armitage (Thorin Oakenshield) was recently cast as the Tooth Fairy.

Sucks that the show was pushed back to summer. Its definitely a cold, dark, winter show.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
******SEASON 2 SPOILERS*******

If I remember correctly, 3 of the character's lives hung in the balance at the end of the episode, and that at least one of them would not make it out alive.

Will is safe, without a doubt.

Alana could be dead, and I'd be okay with that. The way she was written just annoyed me. She came across as a helpless woman that just fell victim to Hannibal's accent and charm and didn't want to admit he was evil.

Jack though......I'm pretty sure he's dead. You don't get stabbed in the neck and lose that much blood and live. Plus, Mr. Morpheus is now on that (horrible) sitcom Blackish, so I suspect he kicked the bucket on Hannibal.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

Jack Crawford is in Silence of the Lambs, though.
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by umberhulk:
Jack Crawford is in Silence of the Lambs, though.

True, but they have changed enough from the books / movies that it wouldn't surprise me.
Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

Yeah, I think it could go either way.
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pNXLmDdrL0

Great preview, although a bit spoilery. Starts Thursday.

The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

That was a good starting episode but thats not going to be friendly to a viewer whose just jumping in.

Spoilers.

-Abel was great.
-Bedelia was great.

Seems like 'fairy tales' will be something of a theme this season, as Abel says 'fairy tale' to describe Hannibal's affection for Will (and his longing for an actual friendship with him). And Will says "we invent fairy tales, and we accept them" in the traier. This will probably still be a thing for the whole season (tooth fairy!).

Anyone catch it?

[ June 07, 2015, 03:33 AM: Message edited by: umberhulk ]

Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
if episode 1 is any indication, this season will surpass the previous two for sheer visual sumptuousness. They're in Europe, and boy, do they milk it.

Abel's leg is one of the most delicious looking meals I've ever seen. "You'll be falling off the bone!"

I'd be perfectly happy if the entire season was just Hannibal and Bedelia looking gorgeous. Because good lord, Gillian Anderson is rocking it. Most beautiful woman on tv? Yes.

Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

Good catch on the fairytales.

Gillian Anderson is killing it as Bedelia. Its such a challenging character because she's such a mystery. She'll give the audience a hint of how much she fears Hannibal, and then a glance of longing. Even as they feeds us more information about her backstory, it just gives us more questions. I find myself intrigued by both her ability to be commanding and submissive.

I don't know what to think about Bedelia and yet Gillian Anderson still makes her interesting when it could so easily just come off sloppy.

I really liked seeing Hannibal in his element. Europe with its high-class society is such a lovely fit for him.

I also really loved the flashbacks with Hannibal and Dr. Gideon. Visually, they feel out of place in such a delicious episode. But, boy oh boy, did I miss that dark Hannibal humor!!

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
It did and it was goooooooooood. I love Will. Oh, he's so awesome and cool.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

I didn't enjoy the Will-centric episode as much as the Hannibal one, but part of that is probably cause I got spoiled on the Abigail twist. And the other part is what I really enjoy Will's character the most when he's interacting with Hannibal. The episode definitely got more interesting as it went on.

Though, to say that I enjoy one episode more than another is really just saying I prefer this creme brulee to this other creme brulee. Even at its worst, this show is incredible!

Really excited for next week because I heard that Will will be going to Lithuania to look into Hannibal's childhood.

The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

ouch

that episode was great

The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

Episode 5 had possbibly my favorite moment of the series!
Shanna
Member # 7900

That fight scene was so cathartic!
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

damaged, edgy, vengeful Alana is the best Alana.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Part of me can't help but dislike her even as I don't blame her for falling for Hannibal's schemes, because she's late on the whole 'angry and hostile towards Hannibal thing. I also despised her a bit for her reliance on Hannibal to deal with Mason in the middle of this season. And for what, so her lover can attain the mighty inheritance, and because she just can't quite dirty her hands with the violence she ends up farming out to Hannibal?

I believe she even said, "We can't kill him," at some point and I remarked to my Dad with whom I was watching it, "Yes you could, but you won't!"

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

Yeah, I can't even take it all that seriously as I've just accepted that Hannibal has some of the most bullshit trope immunity of all time. He's the antagonist version of Jack Bauer/Michael Westen.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.