Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Sense8

Author Topic: Sense8
Men's Rights Forever
Member # 13269

- posted      Profile for Men's Rights Forever           Edit/Delete Post 
The drama from The Wachowski brothrers and J.M Stracazynki for Netflix.

trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKpKAlbJ7BQ

[ May 29, 2015, 04:44 AM: Message edited by: Men's Rights Forever ]

Posts: 42 | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wingracer
Member # 12293

- posted      Profile for Wingracer           Edit/Delete Post 
Reminds me of Legion.
Posts: 891 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Men's Rights Forever
Member # 13269

- posted      Profile for Men's Rights Forever           Edit/Delete Post 
I've been meaning to make myself watch that other Netflix drama called Bloodline but I can just never start it for some reason.
Posts: 42 | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sold on the oremise.

But I'll give anything by JMS at least a one season try.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bad-boys
Member # 13281

- posted      Profile for bad-boys   Email bad-boys         Edit/Delete Post 
(Post Remove by JanitorBlade. Contact Spam.)

[ June 08, 2015, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: JanitorBlade ]

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Big thumbs up from me. The scifi isn't too heavy, instead it focuses on the characters which is where this shines. Very different people, you don't always identity with them, they aren't always nice.

I don't want to ruin any part of the show, but I will warn everyone of sexy times. Sense8 doesn't care if you are uncomfortable with some scenes.

Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AchillesHeel:
Big thumbs up from me. The scifi isn't too heavy, instead it focuses on the characters which is where this shines. Very different people, you don't always identity with them, they aren't always nice.

I don't want to ruin any part of the show, but I will warn everyone of sexy times. Sense8 doesn't care if you are uncomfortable with some scenes.

I am enjoying it so far. In the first few episodes I feel it is spending waaaaaay too much time with certain characters such as the transgender character and not enough on others that I am interested in. I understand Lana Wachowski is transgender herself so it is an issue close to her heart, I just feel like in the first few episodes they have spend way too much time on that character and the politics.
Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ender772
Member # 13096

- posted      Profile for Ender772   Email Ender772         Edit/Delete Post 
When you arrive on a most musical scene STOP!!!. I rather like the orchestra piano music but the visuals that follow are not worth watching.
Posts: 13 | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
That is a cryptic comment.
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
To Ender 7720. Meh, that scene was a little awkward but it was also beautiful. That's the best word in my mind to describe this show, if you watch it all the way through, absolutely beautiful
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
Finished it up yesterday. I enjoyed the second half of the season more than the first half. Admittedly some characters are more interesting to me than others.

After I finished the season I realized that the story was practically at the same place it was in the first episode. I felt like I watched all of these episodes to really only learn little tiny bits of what the show is actually about. I wish they would have spent more time on Whispers and that whole storyline.

I'll watch next season, I just hope it picks up more.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wingracer
Member # 12293

- posted      Profile for Wingracer           Edit/Delete Post 
Finished a binge watch. Really slow start that gets better as it goes but still a slow burn kinda thing. I wasn't a fan of all the gay sex scenes at first but I got used to it and I have to admit, became a fan of Lito and Hernando's relationship. They are such a sweet couple.

Is it just me or were ALL the actors in the Kenyan storyline amazing? I think every one of them really nailed it.

As for that most musical scene, don't stop. If you can't stand the visuals, just close your eyes and bask in the glory that is Beethoven's Emperor Concerto.

I feel like Wolfgang is under/mis-used. We already have a fighter in Sun and Will the cop also does some of the fighting for the group. What does the professional locksmith, thief and world class safe cracker get used for? Just another fighter. We see handcuffs get picked twice in the show and both times were done by the cop, not Wolfgang. I want to see more breaking and entering from him.

The look on Will's face when Lito tells him "we had sex", PRICELESS!

It sounds like season 2 is a go so I'm looking forward to it.

Posts: 891 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.