FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Young Justice Season 3: Teenage Supervillians

Author Topic: Young Justice Season 3: Teenage Supervillians
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
Watching season 2 of Young Justice again, and in one episode Lex Luthor mentions he needs to put together of young villains and proteges like the team of heroes in the show. He then pretty clearly tries to recruit a small team, but fails. Anyways I think this is a hint of where season 3 was headed, a team of young villains. But who would be in it? The only ones i can think of are

Scandal Savage and Klarion the Witch Boy

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

In related news, there may actually be a seaon 3 coming to netflix
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
They could throw in Jason Todd.

Also stoked about the S3 rumors.

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

Todd would be a great addition, especially since they have his hologram in the shrine, and have his predecessor and successor, it would be a great way to draw nightwing back in
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I am too afraid to hope if I'm honest.
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

I don't want to get my hopes up, but it would be pretty great
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
A third season would be awesome. I'm doubtful, but if The Incredibles can get a sequel after all these years, anything is possible. The great thing about Young Justice was that I only ever knew the main DC characters. After having watching this show so many times over, I'm more attached to these characters than any main stage DC hero.
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarekAgain
Member # 13484

- posted      Profile for MarekAgain           Edit/Delete Post 
it is happening! DC themselves are saying it
Posts: 108 | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
I was stoked about the rumors and am now sufficiently whelmed by the confirmation.
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarekAgain
Member # 13484

I really wonder if/how they will bring Wally back, my theory, he was sucked into the speed force, and will some how emerge from and be way faster
Posts: 108 | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

well hot damn, it's actually happening! I can't wait. I hope it gets a full season.
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid to get my hopes up only to see them dashed again in some sort of misguided shakeup of where the characters were going.
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

First three episodes aired last Friday. I really enjoyed them.
MarekAgain
Member # 13484

i really want to watch it, but already pay for three other streaming services. lol
krynn
Member # 524

quote:
Originally posted by MarekAgain:
i really want to watch it, but already pay for three other streaming services. lol

I feel you there. You'll probably get more bang for your buck if you can wait until the season is over and then do it for 1 month and watch it. It shouldn't take long. They are releasing 3 episodes every week.
MarekAgain
Member # 13484

that might work
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

Where can they be watched?
millernumber1
Member # 9894

- posted      Profile for millernumber1   Email millernumber1         Edit/Delete Post 
They are available as part of the DCUniverse streaming service. If you're not interested in more than a month of subscription, I'd wait until the second half of season 3 airs, then sub for a month.

It's quite good!

Posts: 428 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

What did you like about it?
millernumber1
Member # 9894

- posted      Profile for millernumber1   Email millernumber1         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoops! Totally missed that, Janitor.

I like the characters and worldbuilding - they've managed to squeeze basically the last 30 years of comics continuity into just three seasons of show. A lot of stuff is breezed through, but it's there as Easter Eggs to the excellent story, and that's really rewarding to comics fans. Plus, in general, the characters are all really engaging and likeable. Season 3 had budget and one specific writing problem (Halo), but was still really enjoyable now that it's over.

Posts: 428 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.