FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Truth Alone Wounds

Author Topic: Truth Alone Wounds
PanaceaSanans
Member # 13395

- posted      Profile for PanaceaSanans   Email PanaceaSanans         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Even if you heal a hundred sick people every day, and move on to the next place and heal a hundred more, there'll be ten thousand people who die behind you, and ten thousand more ahead of you, and by the time you die even the ones you healed will almost all be dead.
Don't mind my heart breaking a little...

The last part really got me. Stupid of me, but I truly never thought of that before. Maybe I should have chosen pediatrics after all... Then again, what does it matter, really, whether they die before or after me? Each tale will end with the grave no matter what any of us do today.

Posts: 366 | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
That doesn't mean you don't try anyway!
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elcheeko75
Member # 13292

- posted      Profile for Elcheeko75   Email Elcheeko75         Edit/Delete Post 
I would guess you don't bother healing people to keep them from dying, but rather to keep them alive. It's the days or years of life (or improved life) you allowed that is the value of a doctor's work, not the death you delayed.

Maybe it's cheesy semantics, but I'll keep going to the doctor because I want all the days I can have with my loved ones. I hope my doctor is on the same page.

Posts: 46 | Registered: Jul 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Humans are all the more beautiful for how brief and delicate their life is.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
Remember, the only way to achieve world peace and end all the suffering tomorrow, is to launch all the nukes at ourselves today.
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Not true! We Need a fake alien attack...and then the "casualties" get shipped off to colonize another world. A common enemy is as uniting as nuclear glass
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PanaceaSanans
Member # 13395

- posted      Profile for PanaceaSanans   Email PanaceaSanans         Edit/Delete Post 
@Synesthesia: I agree. I'm trying. [Smile]

@Cheeko: Valuable thought. Thank you.

@Wolf: I believe there would be more glory in a little less fragility...

@Darth: Now that's a brilliant solution. [Big Grin] And another truth that hurts.

Posts: 366 | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

You can choose to celebrate the sand mandala that is human existence or not, your attitude does not change reality, just your perception of it.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.