FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Argument Room (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Argument Room
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Basically...no
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Stone Wolf, immediately cease sending me private messages and do not attempt to contact me again. You have sent a private communication to me that constitutes harassment containing a personal threat/wish of harm, stating that if you had the means, you would harm me.

On account of this I will be contacting the site's moderation team to request that you be banned as soon as possible, with an expectation that any attempt you make to be re-registered will be acted upon by immediate future bans. Regardless as to whether or not the moderation team opts to provide this request, do not respond to me or my posts.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Just so that it's clear to others, I intend to effectively block stone wolf from visibility within a day or two, depending on how easy it is to have someone script for me. Whether or not he is still around on this account. I will not have any posts directed at him at all.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

- posted      Profile for Dogbreath           Edit/Delete Post 
Stone_Wolf_ if you are battling with depression or maybe have thoughts of doing more than just deleting your account on Monday please, please consider talking to a mental health professional or at least talking to someone. I know it can be hard to find someone to talk to, and I would offer my number personally except for the various threats of physical violence you've made over the years have made me decide that would not be a safe thing for me to do, but please try to reach out to someone you can trust and talk this through. I know you hate people here and wish us harm, but I'm pretty confident in saying that noone here hates you or want to see you hurt.
Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
Stone Wolf, immediately cease sending me private messages and do not attempt to contact me again. You have sent a private communication to me that constitutes harassment containing a personal threat/wish of harm, stating that if you had the means, you would harm me.

FWIW, you're not the first person here he's contacted like that or threatened/wished physical harm upon. (I think the worst was when he told Rakeesh he wished someone had murdered him as a child), and BlackBlade has always declined to ban him for it in the past. We'll see what happens this time though. *shrugs*
Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

quote:
Originally posted by Dogbreath:
Stone_Wolf_ if you are battling with depression or maybe have thoughts of doing more than just deleting your account on Monday please, please consider talking to a mental health professional or at least talking to someone. I know it can be hard to find someone to talk to, and I would offer my number personally except for the various threats of physical violence you've made over the years have made me decide that would not be a safe thing for me to do, but please try to reach out to someone you can trust and talk this through. I know you hate people here and wish us harm, but I'm pretty confident in saying that noone here hates you or want to see you hurt.

Thanks.

I'm the glue that keeps my family together, and would NEVER harm myself or other human IRL, despite offering up reverse prayers from time to time.

I've been collecting weapons for nearly three decades and in that time I have caused zero harm.

I do appreciate your concern.

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:

FWIW, you're not the first person here he's contacted like that or threatened/wished physical harm upon. (I think the worst was when he told Rakeesh he wished someone had murdered him as a child), and BlackBlade has always declined to ban him for it in the past. We'll see what happens this time though. *shrugs*
I work for an organization that is involved in outreach, charity, and legal protection for marginalized and targeted groups so we have to take threats of harm in directed online harassment, potential doxxing, and anything similar very seriously now. I have to report and log stuff like this and forward all relevant information about the individuals identified as making a threat. I have already had my boss review the message and categorize it as a statement that the individual in question would harm me if they were able. It is pretty up there in terms of being a not good statement.

I have sent off a detailed request including a recommendation for handling violent threats with appropriate regard to an announcement of personal mental distress, as well as depression crisis support resources, but I will not be involved personally in any way with the individual in question or any support plan and will follow the standard no contact policy.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

And within those three decades I was physically bullied, and if I didn't go nuts on the guys who beat the shit out of me as minor (low legal reprecussions) I'm hardly going to spend time and money I do not have on a private detective to try and hunt down some well meaning posters who said some crap that upset me. Honestly, those that fear physical attack from me here are acting in very silly fashion.

But after Monday it will all be moot anyway...Like it never happened! Except for Rakeesh's prized transcripts [ROFL]

Dogbreath
Member # 11879

Sam: To clarify I wasn't trying to downplay what he said to you. I recommended similar actions a few months ago when RotR's wife was threatened by coworkers and honestly wish I had done something similar a few years back when I was the one SW was harassing and threatening to attack.

In the intervening time I've become more aware of people like SW snapping and turning threats and fantasies like this into physical harm, and I'm honestly kind of amazed both at myself and the moderation here that we've sort of collectively tolerated it and accepted this behavior for years as at least sort of normal when it is clearly pretty far beyond the pale. I'm just saying that I don't think you'll see the response you need from BB and am glad you have taken the additional actions you have - it's something I should have done but didn't.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Sam: To clarify I wasn't trying to downplay what he said to you. I recommended similar actions a few months ago when RotR's wife was threatened by coworkers and honestly wish I had done something similar a few years back when I was the one SW was harassing and threatening to attack.

In the intervening time I've become more aware of people like SW snapping and turning threats and fantasies like this into physical harm, and I'm honestly kind of amazed both at myself and the moderation here that we've sort of collectively tolerated it and accepted this behavior for years as at least sort of normal when it is clearly pretty far beyond the pale. I'm just saying that I don't think you'll see the response you need from BB and am glad you have taken the additional actions you have - it's something I should have done but didn't.

I don't feel that you've downplayed it at all tbh so no worries. We similarly have plenty of history of someone's talk that they would 'never actually act on' to recall when we talk about our harassment and threats policy and why it's exactly what it is. If anything it helps to have an additional account of a pattern of threatening behavior to work with.

The moderation response to this event will effectively determine what I have to do or can do.

JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Stone_Wolf: For the time being you will cease posting on Hatrack. Please check your email for a PM from me.
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm locking this thread for now so that Stone_Wolf can focus on getting the help he clearly needs, without us talking about what just happened and making him want to respond.

I'd appreciate it if we left on on discussing Stone_Wolf for the next couple of days while I sort this out.

Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.