FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What is the role of men in abortion decisions? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What is the role of men in abortion decisions?
MaryCobb
Member # 13219

- posted      Profile for MaryCobb           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think any couple should ever discuss abortion. If you don't want a child then don't do sex!
Posts: 16 | Registered: Nov 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LudWig
Member # 13490

- posted      Profile for LudWig   Email LudWig         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the role of men in abortion decisions: if he creams inside her then he must be supportive of her decision to abort the issue. However, if she decides to bring the issue to term, he must financially support her in that decision as well as far as child-support payments are concerned at the very least. It's only fair.
Posts: 60 | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lorelei Feliz
Member # 13414

- posted      Profile for Lorelei Feliz           Edit/Delete Post 
Both are responsible for having a child and so with the right decision. I insist that abortion should not be a solution. Couple must be aware of what they did in the first place. and therefore must take it both as a blessing. Men and women must be mature enough to decline the thought of abortion. However, yes sometimes men contribute much to the decision because it must be decided as a couple although the final thing will be more from the women.
Posts: 10 | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
(Post removed by JanitorBlade)

[ May 01, 2017, 07:57 AM: Message edited by: JanitorBlade ]

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
This page makes me wish I was an abortion. But then again I've felt that way since November.
Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LudWig
Member # 13490

quote:
Originally posted by The Black Pearl:
This page makes me wish I was an abortion. But then again I've felt that way since November.

[ROFL]

Seriously though. [Frown]

Posts: 60 | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry -- I know y'all hate people resurrecting old threads. But I just got to (and through) this one.

I first have to say I agree with what PSI Teleport said on page 1 -- "If you don't tell the guy before the abortion, then why bother to tell him after?"

To me, to tell him after you already made the decision without his input and took the action, means you are either trying to use that to control him, or you feel guilt. But if you didn't have enough of a relationship to tell him you were pregnant, probably a good idea just to keep silent on your choices afterward.

For me personally, it was the opposite scenario. Some 30+ years ago, I became pregnant. Was not in a serious relationship with the father, and knew I probably would not be. However, I felt obligated to let him know of the pregnancy.

He asked me to abort. I said no, I would not.

However, I also knew this to mean he had no desire to be a father or be responsible for a child, so because it was MY choice to have the baby, not his, I never made him in any way responsible for it (financially, emotionally, whatever) He never had any interaction with his biological son at all. To me, that was HIS choice when he asked me to abort, and I respected that.

And I have loved enjoying 31 years with a marvelous son.

Conversely to the original post, I don't think it is right for a woman who chooses to carry a pregnancy to use that choice to control the father of the child, against his will.

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Very interesting perspective, Farmgirl.
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LudWig
Member # 13490

According to the anti-natalist view I recently discovered, all fetuses should be aborted as it's not ethical to bring a being into existence who will undoubtedly suffer.
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't it then follow that it's our ethical duty to kill everyone we meet on sight?
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.