FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I miss film scores like this

Author Topic: I miss film scores like this
LudWig
Member # 13490

- posted      Profile for LudWig   Email LudWig         Edit/Delete Post 
Lush, melodic, romantic...this is a good movie too btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9MBEvWIQP4

Posts: 60 | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
check out the jesse james ost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaHC-vZTlQM

Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll check these out tomorrow when I do some project work.
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PanaceaSanans
Member # 13395

- posted      Profile for PanaceaSanans   Email PanaceaSanans         Edit/Delete Post 
Incredibly beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
I recently rewatched "The Thornbirds" with my mother, and while the main actors are overly dramatic and the main theme does get annoying by the third hour at the latest, the music did in a way feel similar to the score you shared - and very different from what we get today. And I found myself curiously touched by it.

Also, a while ago I fell in love with a more recent score, for all different reasons: Very raw, emotional, and yet so, so beautiful.
August Rush - Something Inside - Bari Improv - August's Rhapsody - This Time.
Are you familiar with that one?

Posts: 366 | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been a big fan of the August Rush soundtrack since it came out, especially the Kaki King numbers and "This Time."

I'm not sure if they're all original numbers to the soundtrack, but if so I'd say they're somewhat above average for original music that isn't orchestral.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LudWig
Member # 13490

- posted      Profile for LudWig   Email LudWig         Edit/Delete Post 
That August Rush "something inside" piece linked above begins with opening phrases of Elgar's cello concerto. Thanks, will check out that movie (hadn't heard of it.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH0jUQTCCQI

Posts: 60 | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.