FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Lamb of God Film

Author Topic: The Lamb of God Film
EmilyJ
Member # 13586

- posted      Profile for EmilyJ           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a big fan of Rob Gardner's musical work and subscribed to his newsletter for Cinematic Pop. He sent out a rather unusual letter today and asked for our help passing it on to anyone who might give him a lead to an investor. I'm not quite cheeky enough to pester Orson Scott Card directly, but perhaps a post here might trickle back to people on his staff or support who have a finger on the pulse of movie making. At any rate it's worth one post. (Assuming the moderators will allow it.)

Dear Friends,

I realize this is an unconventional way to go about this, but I'm not sure where to turn next and I believe there’s someone--or maybe several someones--out there who can and will help, whom I wouldn't know to ask. The long and short of the situation is this: 1) I believe passionately that I need to act now to make a feature film version of my sacred musical work "Lamb of God"; and 2) I need to raise $5 million to make it.

Why does this film need to be made? Because we need hope. And hope is a feeling. Because we need faith. And faith is a feeling. We need to feel. And somehow, "Lamb of God" makes people feel things in a way they rarely have occasion to experience.

I know that many of you have seen how profoundly the music, message and story of "Lamb of God" affect people, and you've quite possibly experienced it yourself. I receive heart-felt, and often heart-breaking, messages about it on an almost-daily basis. Thousands of performers and organizers in cities around the world give hours and weeks and months to put on their own locally-produced performances every year, devoted to their Savior, and passionate about the hope and beauty they’re bringing to their community.

Knowing this, and considering my current state, and the state of things and people in the world today, I feel an insistent urgency to take "Lamb of God" to the next level. For me, that "next level" is a feature film, marrying beautiful, powerful visual storytelling to the music and taking it “into all the world,” first through movie theaters, then through streaming into homes, onto devices, anywhere and everywhere. Simply filming a performance of the music will not be enough. Hundreds of you generously helped us raise over $100k through Kickstarter to do just that, and that money is still there, ready to kickstart this film. But I started in earnest down that road, and I soon realized what I should have already known: that I have to do better than that, to reach higher than that, to go boldly after what I believe I'm here to do, never settling for what’s easy.

This route is certainly not easy. But it’s right. And it’s too big for me to do on my own. $5 million is a lot of money. But for some, it’s not *quite* so much. I know it’s out there and this is too important not to try.

If you have the resources to help make this happen, please contact me directly at lambofgodfilm@gmail.com. If you don't personally have the resources, but know someone who does, or might, please contact them and encourage them to contact me. I’m ready with all the details, names, facts and figures, eager to share them with those who are interested in making this happen. I'm ready to move now. I believe we need it now.

Thank you for your consideration and for your trust in me and the things I try to create. I sincerely hope we can all make this happen.

All my best,
Rob Gardner

"Hope did not die here / But here was given / Here is Hope."

Listen to and learn more about "Lamb of God" here.
https://youtu.be/IvvnpJ0nE1A

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
No
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
What needs to happen, I believe, is the LDS Church produced Life of Christ videos should be edited together by more than Youtube people. The videos are both amazing and faithful to the scriptures, but too slow paced. A better soundtrack and some scene connecting footage should fix the weaknesses. Look it up online if you don't know what I am talking about with the full run edits.

If they can manage to wide release a full film version of it, I think it would be a hit in certain demographics. There is strong doubt it could be put in movie theaters because of topic and length. Selling it as a CD or download (more than split and disorganized parts as it is now) could work rather well.

As for The Lamb of God? I don't really have an opinion. Aside from that, I am not in any position to help out even if I was interested.

Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.