FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Archives » Landmark Threads » 1000 posts and five years of Hatrack

Author Topic: 1000 posts and five years of Hatrack
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, okay, so I missed it by five posts. I probably also missed five years by a couple of weeks... punctuality isn't my strong suit.

I was going to do the big 1000 post thing, tell my life story, all that, but I have a week to go till my finals. These aren't the American-style-once-a-semester deals. These are eight three-hour exams on which my entire degree depends, and they test the entirety of the past two years' work. So practice essay questions take priority over long posts at the moment, I'm afraid.

Anyway, there were some things I wanted to say:

1. This is an amazing place. Not just the quality of debate, though that's often better than I get here at Oxford, but the real community spirit that pervades Hatrack. I read the personal threads more than the debate threads, and it's always striking how much we care for each other - even the lurkers and semi-lurkers like me.
2. Hatrack is how I met aka, pod, Jaiden, mack and Foxy Paul (Black Fox). Everyone at Hatrack rocks, but these guys especially (if only because I know them best). They made my life bearable when otherwise it would not have been. I thank them from the very depths of my heart for their love and support.
3. OSC, Kristine and Kathy - thank you for Hatrack.

Okay, so it's nothing very much, but it's what's important to me right now. Please wish me luck, and expect more posting from me when I finally emerge from my exam-cave.

Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khavanon
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for Khavanon   Email Khavanon         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2523 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, and good luck on those finals!
Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 4842

- posted      Profile for *           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, and hooray for 1000!!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 353 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Amira! ::hugs:: [Smile]
Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esl
Member # 3143

- posted      Profile for esl   Email esl         Edit/Delete Post 
Congradulations! Test well and let us know how you do [Smile]
Posts: 1056 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations.

Yeah, if those were "American-style" final exams, you'd have time to get to 2000 posts, and you'd be out at a disco right now.

Good luck!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations on 1000 posts and 5 years!!!

Although I highly doubt you will need it, good luck on your finals. I know you will do terrifically well.

((((hugs))))

Thank you for being my friend and being there for me [Smile]

[ May 25, 2003, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: Jaiden ]

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ginette
Member # 852

- posted      Profile for ginette   Email ginette         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Amira)))

Good luck with your exams!

Posts: 1247 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations !
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy 1000th post, and happy 5th anniversary! [Big Grin]

(((Amira)))

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, amira. Quality, not quantity -- quality all the way.

You will be remembered during this time, even if you have to refrain from posting. Every now and then we'll just let off a cheer or two, just ta remind ya. [Wink]

(Yeay, amira!)

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dante
Member # 1106

- posted      Profile for Dante           Edit/Delete Post 
Amira, you are very cool. I'm glad you're here.

Best of luck on the exams!

Posts: 1068 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Amira, your name is one of the first I remember, er, remembering. I'm glad you've been here. [Smile]
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Amira!

Good luck on those tests [Smile]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martha
Member # 141

- posted      Profile for martha           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Amira! I wondered why we hadn't seen much of you lately -- but I should have guessed about the exams thing. Do you get to celebrate afterwards by doing something monumentally silly (along the lines of sneaking over the wall into Trinity's private garden and putting soap in the fountain)?
Posts: 1785 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just hoping that my friends will take pity on me and not soak me in champagne, eggs and flour! Normally, yes, people celebrate the end of finals by doing monumentally silly things, having got monumentally drunk first. Since I won't be getting drunk, I'll probably pass up the silliness and go for lazing on the quad with my friends instead.
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, nothing says "I'm mature and getting a college degree" like getting drunk and doing incredibly stupid things. Gotta love the future Darwin award candidates. [Wink]

Good luck with finals, and congrats on 1,000!

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on 1000 and 5 years! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

quote:
Gotta love the future Darwin award candidates.
Kayla, have you heard the latest one? Lets just say it involves some guys stealing a liferaft form a boeing plane. Email me if interested. [Smile]

[ May 25, 2003, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: Nick ]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

*Shameless bump*

First final was today. It went. Had to scramble a bit, but I wrote three decent, if not spectacular, essays. Just glad to have one under my belt - only 7 to go now...

Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Nick, how priceless would a picture of their faces when that Coast Guard helicopter showed up be? [Big Grin]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to warn everyone that Amira will always tell you she did terribly on tests, then her grades come back and she blew them out of the water. Like her A levels were "dire", according to her, and when they came back, she won awards for the highest scores in the country. <grins>

Amira, happy 1000th post! You know how much I love you! <<<<<<Amira>>>>>

Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.