FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Archives » Landmark Threads » 2000 Posts and 5 Weeks to Go (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 2000 Posts and 5 Weeks to Go
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Pop, I do want to stay home as long as possible. I might work half weeks after I go back to work for a time to stretch my vacation time out longer.

afr, we both get worried about what we’ll be giving up. We’re both in our mid-30's, so we’re both a little set in our ways. It already seems like I have too little free time when I get home from work and now I’ll have even less. Oh well, I was probably getting in a rut anyway. Maybe instead of working out, I can just lift Ryan over my head once every night. By the time, he’s a teenager, I should be pretty strong.

Elizabeth, after the first couple of weeks, I might need your husband’s services. Can I call him? [Angst] (that's as close to an "I need a drink" smilie as we have).

Teshi, what if he’s on the internet and keeping from Hatrack? Can I harp on him for that?

Jeniwren, Mrs. Organization at home has already devised a scheme where she will be cooking large quantities of foods like chili, spaghetti sauce, etc. in this last month and freezing them for the future.

Jimmy, that was one of the passages we had read at our wedding ceremony, so it has a lot of meaning to us. It’s always good to be reminded of it. BTW, you’re my most favorite newbie now. [Wink]

I'll have to check, but the most popular advice is either love in one form or another or watch out for the firehose.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Zan, your wife sounds awesome. [Smile] And far more organized than I am. We had dinners brought to us for about two weeks after Rayne was born, and it was great. Not just because of the food, but also the visits with the friends bringing the food, the resulting recipes -- I got a great meatloaf recipe out of the deal, and just simply not having to even think about what we were going to have for dinner.

Congrats on 2,000 and Ryan...I can hardly wait for the happy announcement of his arrival.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
4. I like the Walmart brand of diapers -- White Cloud. Huggies are okay, but I like that there isn't any adhesive to the Walmart brand, just velcro.
Huggies were the first diapers I ever saw to use velcro instead of adhesive. Pampers do as well, now, but Huggies did it first. I think most major brands use velcro now. If you're undecided, give both a try and compare.

I'm just joking about Gatorland, kind of, but the girls were about as badly behaved there as they've been in the last year. It was only slightly aggravating when they routinely ignored our instructions and asked Bob for permission to do things when we had said no, but then Mango had that real meltdown . . . well, that was embarrassing . . . Anyway, it was just way too hot that day, and Gatorland's only air conditioning is in the gift shop. We don't tend to stay through the hottest part of summer days at Disney parks either, and when we do, we usually spend a great deal of time indoors.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.