FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Archives » Landmark Threads » Lightsabers, An Old, Rotting Robe and 1000 Chats

Author Topic: Lightsabers, An Old, Rotting Robe and 1000 Chats
Emperor Palpatine
Member # 3544

- posted      Profile for Emperor Palpatine   Email Emperor Palpatine         Edit/Delete Post 
"I've waited far too long..."

I've been drawing out the time between my 999th and 1000th post, and I figured that ending the torture I put myself through by using "zeroemus" as a secondary name was as good a cause as any to finally write this sucker.

Off and on during the last few months, I've mulled over whether I should write some kind of tribute, an original piece of fiction, or something that holds any kind of worth for those who open this thread. But, to tell you the truth, I'm still unsure about what to write, or rather, unsure about whether or not it'll be important. I don't exaggerate my own "Hatrack status"; I'm no Ralphie, or Tom, or Bob, or Pat, or <insert noteworthy/charismatic Hatracker>, but I know that people I've met here have cemented themselves in me whether or not I've impacted them.

It's a bit frightening, really. A few years ago you could have pegged me as internet-paranoid, scared that anyone who ever posted on internet forums was a hacker/pedophile (well, not quite to that extent, but I was even afraid of registering for Hotmail.)

But now I've made connections with people, and I've become unexpectedly attached to this place, godsarnit. I nearly teared at Ralphie's news today (I'm so sorry, Toni), which would have confused me a few years ago. Why am I getting so worked up over text written by someone I've never met, or hugged, or shook hands with, even?

I don't know. Even if I intrinsically knew, I'm not sure if I would be able to explain it. What it shows me is that I've made a few friendships here, precious ones too, without ever hearing the friend's voice.

And it doesn't bother me a bit.

I first came to the forum under my aforementioned name "zeroemus." I huddled in the "Other Side", and if I remember correctly, my first post in the BFFAC was in a homosexuality thread.

o_O

Suffice to say, my pride took a subsequent hit, since I probably presented some upstart, petulant post that was uninformed and lacked conviction. Not to say that I share the same ignorant views that I did then (having been at Hatrack for nearly two years and enlightened by reading my own share of heated discussions), but that Hatrack has had its own level of influence on me, and not only through debates, but through friendships as well.

Yes, I'm about to do a list of people and friends, and if I don't mention you, then you can IM me, chew me out and demand a list of overwhelming and gracious compliments to be packaged and sent wrapped in a ridiculous amount of duct tape. That seems to be the trend these days.

T_Smith: I’m glad you were able to open up so readily to someone you hardly knew at a forum you had hardly been at. You are my little brother, whether or not you’re a mere two months younger than I am, and I love you like one too, dude.

Myrddin Fyre: I do believe that you may be the only person who has ever taped a picture of me as a baby to their chest at a Hatracker picnic. For that, you are to be commended. :-D Well, that, and all the fun chatting and smaller (but not any less important) amount of friendly conversation.

Kws: For Riders of Rohan.

Mack: For all of that huge, heaping help and that digital, semi-therapy for those few months. That, and putting up with my random, goofy IMs.

Celia: For being my partner in evil, and more importantly, for being a friend.

Pixie: Thanks for letting me know when I’m wrong, and for being a much better friend than I ever could have thought possible for being online. Sorry that us being so busy keeps us from talking.

And, all of you other random chatters and posters (Jaids, Feyd, the Last Posters, Jebus, others) you’ve also made a sizeable impact one me.

Thanks, guys.

Posts: 1004 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emp
Member # 5955

- posted      Profile for Emp   Email Emp         Edit/Delete Post 
That, and I figure that making this name will be better anyway.
Posts: 38 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on the 1000th Cruz!

You're such a sweetie and you're friendship means so much to me as well. I'm very glad to have met you, even if only online.

::hugs Cruz:: Luv ya much and congrats again! [Smile]

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah but this way people might think that you're some sort of Sentinel-defeating shockwave. Actually, that might be kind of cool.

I'd be horribly offended that you didn't include me in your list of Hatrackers that influenced you, except that you have no reason to do so. I just like being in lists, that's all.

Congrats on 1000. Took you long enough... [Wink]

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Millenium, Emperor Poopypants!

[Wink]

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myr
Member # 5956

- posted      Profile for Myr   Email Myr         Edit/Delete Post 
Look what you did [Razz]

Many, many, many congrats on 1000!! [Smile]

::squeeze hug::

PS: I've missed you late night chats!

Posts: 105 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Cruz! Here's to many more posts, neh? *clinks glass* [Smile]

Now, go post something on Xanga or I'll bribe Megan into giving you laxative-laced twinkies on an unspecified day in the future.

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwww, congrats!!!! [The Wave]

(((((Emp)))))

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Emp! Here's to another 1000. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy 1000'th! (((((((EP)))))))
[Big Grin]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
::whacks bro::

Took you long enough.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
for anyone who doesn't know, cruz is actually hatrack's guardian angel. no one ever sees him, but he always knows what's going on and is always willing to help you sort it out. or help me sort it out, at least. [Smile]
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! EMP!!!! Happy 1000th!! You're my hero.

Except...

[Grumble] about not being on the list.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratz Emp.

Is being an influencing factor for lord of the Dark Side a good thing, or an evil thing?

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
cruz, you rock

havent seen you around much lately, but im always glad when i hear from you.

You still owe me a guitar showdown, I expect to get it when I come out to california next summer.

Guitar/ninja fight, thats the stuff.

congrats on 1000 buddy

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Crap, am I younger than you. Oh ya, thats right. Well, curses to that! I'm already everyones younger brother around here, about. Hehe. Rock on, Emp, and stick around alright?
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll make it to my landmark by Sunday.
Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Emp, good luck with the new nick. Trust me, it's hard to pick up when you change something like that. I still can't match my Perelandra days for overall contribution to threads and interest in hatrack.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, you didn't mention me! [Wink] [Razz]

Congrats, Emp. [Big Grin]

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay, Emp! (((((bro))))) [Big Grin]

(though [Grumble] at not being mentioned)

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
Yallo Cruz..Keep it cool okeiz?!

I still think that your screenname is the coolest one on my buddylist, even though I never really told you that before and that baby picture is worthy of being put on a shirt too ya know.

Congratz!

Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

*feels all warm and fuzzy*

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien
Member # 5611

- posted      Profile for Damien   Email Damien         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat] Congratulations [Hat]

DXM

Posts: 677 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.