FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Archives » Landmark Threads » What I Believe. (A Landmark at 4000) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What I Believe. (A Landmark at 4000)
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by kmbboots:
Yup. Grayson Towler and I (among others) were "having it out" with John Hansen and Morgan (among others).

Ya know, I thought it was that. I've tried to tone down my rhetoric since then. [Wink]

[dang it! twice in one day. I hate getting the first post on a second page.]

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't recall having a problem with your rhetoric. I was in the unusual(then) position of being a pro-gay rights Christian.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

Yeah, but I think I was more scathing and less tolerant of what I perceived as bigotry then. (Not that I'm more tolerant of bigotry now, just that I'm probably less apt to apply the word where (I have come to believe) it doesn't quite apply.)

(or maybe I've learned it's more effective to combat bigotry by reasoning rather than by labeling and outing. [Dont Know] )

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Feel much like Sisyphus these days? At least there are more folks "pushing" now than there were.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

I haven't really felt like Sisyphus that much. I've been amazed at the progress being made in such a few short years. That is, with the exception of the weeks after the last election. I really felt like that was a huge victory for the powers of devisiveness, intolerance, and partisan bullying. But I'm feeling better these days. [Wink]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.