FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Archives » Orson Scott Card's Intergalactic Medicine Show » Coming Soon

Author Topic: Coming Soon
pwiscombe
Member # 181

- posted      Profile for pwiscombe   Email pwiscombe         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just curious as to what this phrase means. I really want to buy issues 11 and 12, but I vowed to myself that I would't buy the new issues until the OSC stories that are "coming soon" in my already purchased issues 10 and 9 (July 2008!) are published.

From a truth in advertising perspective, I've noticed that the front page of IGMS no longer boasts "A new OSC story in each issue." Maybe it's time to remove the "coming soon" claim as well.

Posts: 258 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure he still intends to fill in any stories from issues that were released while they were still promising a new OSC story in each issue.

However, in the issue 11 format change, they clearly announced that he no longer intends to write a new Enders Game story for each issue.

Despite this, I would still recommend buying issue 11, as I thought it was one of the better published so far. I wasn't nearly as happy with 12, but YMMV.

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pwiscombe
Member # 181

- posted      Profile for pwiscombe   Email pwiscombe         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pwiscombe in May, 2009:
Just curious as to what this phrase means. I really want to buy issues 11 and 12, but I vowed to myself that I would't buy the new issues until the OSC stories that are "coming soon" in my already purchased issues 10 and 9 (July 2008!) are published.

From a truth in advertising perspective, I've noticed that the front page of IGMS no longer boasts "A new OSC story in each issue." Maybe it's time to remove the "coming soon" claim as well.

IGMS 2.0 no longer has the "OSC Story coming soon" claim for issues 9 and 10.

So, do I end my boycott??? At least they aren't false advertising on the site anymore, even though it was a 2 year long bait and switch.

HMMM. what to do. [Dont Know]

Posts: 258 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Issues 11 and 15 received a bit of admiration from Gardener Dozois' Year's Best SF:

Link

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.