FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Archives » Orson Scott Card's Intergalactic Medicine Show » IGMS #13 Ask the Author: "Like Diamond Tears From Emerald Eyes" by Eric James Stone

Author Topic: IGMS #13 Ask the Author: "Like Diamond Tears From Emerald Eyes" by Eric James Stone
EricJamesStone
Member # 5938

- posted      Profile for EricJamesStone           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Despite rumors to the contrary, I am not Scott M. Roberts. I am, however, Eric James Stone, author of "Like Diamond Tears From Emerald Eyes," which appears in issue 13 of InterGalactic Medicine Show. The story is about "a runt warrior and a dim wizard" stealing a box for a mysterious woman in a bridal gown.

My writeup on how I came to write the story is here on the editor's blog (but you shouldn't read it until after reading the story because it contains spoilers).

Feel free to ask any questions. I promise not to bite your head off, which is a promise you're unlikely to get from Scott M. Roberts. He thinks heads are tasty.

Posts: 99 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EricJamesStone:
I promise not to bite your head off, which is a promise you're unlikely to get from Scott M. Roberts. He thinks heads are tasty.

Too true.

[Cry]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Member # 12050

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, Scott M. Roberts isn't that bad, surely?
Posts: 19 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Member # 12050

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the story we heard at CONduit, right, Eric?

It's a great story, everyone. You won't want to miss it.

Posts: 19 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EricJamesStone
Member # 5938

- posted      Profile for EricJamesStone           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it's the story I read at CONduit.

As for Scott M. Roberts, he admits on his own website that he has done despicable things with a spoon, and surely eating human heads is despicable. Q.E.D.

Posts: 99 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Member # 12050

Wow, Eric, your logic leaves me almost speechless.
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I especially like tasty baby heads. Yum!

But not with catsup.

I thought the curse was quite clever, and the image of her jeweled face was startling and satisfying.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.