FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Archives » Orson Scott Card's Intergalactic Medicine Show » When will Issue #25 be released?

Author Topic: When will Issue #25 be released?
Judgment
Member # 12655

- posted      Profile for Judgment   Email Judgment         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...I'm dying to read Chapter two. [Smile]
Posts: 7 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having read chapter 2 of 'Whiteface,' let me promise you-- it's worth the wait.

Issue 25 will be out shortly.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judgment
Member # 12655

- posted      Profile for Judgment   Email Judgment         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, yes. The constant companion of anyone who has ever visited a forum - the contempt and condescension of the Old Guard for the New Arrivals.

It seemed obvious to me, when you consider that this is OSC's forum, that the release of an OSC book would be a noteworthy event. Thus, when the first Chapter of an upcoming OSC book is previewed in ...you guessed it... OSC's IGMS - I felt that "Chapter one" contained more than enough information to make my point and ask my question. Not to mention the fact that the Whiteface submission in IGMS 24 is referred to as "Part 1", Not "Chapter 1", and therefore your implied criticism is a bit of logical stretch.

As a newcomer to both this forum and IGMS I thought there might be some actual information available as to when it is released. For example, "Issues are generally released no earlier than X and no later than X every other month." That would have been a welcome response. Or, "They come out every other month, give or take 90 days or so." That would also have been useful information. But hey, thanks for taking the time to reveal yourself as the arrogant [IMG]http://larussophobe.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/jackass1.jpg[/IMG]
...you apparently are.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*laugh* Judgment, you're off-base. Rather than going into some detail about why, I will simply note that "Scott R" here is one of the editors of IGMS, and that the conclusion to which you jumped is predicated on several invalid premises.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I honestly can't figure out how to read Scott R.'s post in a way that would justify - or even explain - that response.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EricJamesStone
Member # 5938

- posted      Profile for EricJamesStone           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judgment, as one of the other assistant editors for IGMS, I would have jumped to the same conclusion Scott R did, that you were referring to the second half of "Whiteface."

The reason is fairly simple to explain. As assistant editors, we read stories that are submitted to the magazine and recommend the ones we like to the editor. We're always excited to see stories we like get published (particularly when they're as outstanding as "Whiteface.") But excerpts of Orson Scott Card's work do not pass through us in order to get published in the magazine, so we don't have the same kind of participatory pride in those excerpts and we aren't nearly as aware of them.

I really have no idea what criticism you thought Scott R was making, but I doubt he had any critical intent.

As for when the issue will be published, I don't have anything specific to tell you, other than we're in the final stages of preparing the issue for publication, so it should be soon.

Posts: 99 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judgment
Member # 12655

After having re-read this thread several times - and in a different state of mind - I can see that the way that first reply sounded in my head was all on my end. I guess I should've "read twice, posted once". I apologize for being critical and insulting.
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Judgment.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judgment
Member # 12655

Thank you.

Also, I just read Part one of "Whiteface" and it is really intriguing.

Scott R
Member # 567

FYI, Issue #25 will be delayed.
JohnHansen
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for JohnHansen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See, now Scott R is once again giving out totally false and misleading information!!! <grin>

Issue 25 will not be released in November. Apparently it will be released on October 31st, seeing as how it is up on the site now.

How quickly are issues made available for Kindle?

John Hansen

Posts: 398 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

John:

Well, I suppose saying "shortly" is passe...

[Smile]

Generally within a week or so of release of the web version.

jongo05
Member # 7580

- posted      Profile for jongo05   Email jongo05         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, how long is shortly looking now? [Smile]
Posts: 74 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary
Member # 12678

- posted      Profile for Gary           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the plus side, the lack of the kindle version got me to subscribe here. On the negative, there are likely more than a few wondering when Amazon's going to fey issue 25
Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jongo05
Member # 7580

- posted      Profile for jongo05   Email jongo05         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It showed up on amazon sometime recently fyi.
Posts: 74 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.