FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Uncle Orson On the Fly » Cool idea about including essays before they are published!

Author Topic: Cool idea about including essays before they are published!
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course I won't be posting it anywhere, but it was an absolutely fascinating read.

I presume we are allowed to discuss it, so long as we don't post sections of it yes?

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
millernumber1
Member # 9894

- posted      Profile for millernumber1   Email millernumber1         Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray! I thought it was a really interesting article, and hopefully after work I'll have some more thoughts. I think the biggest thing I liked was the insight into how to construct a believable insight into brilliance, and how that worked in the practical setting of adapting Ender's Game for audio drama (which was really great!)
Posts: 428 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
Discussion without quotation is fine [Smile]
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
staredecisis
Member # 13054

- posted      Profile for staredecisis           Edit/Delete Post 
That article was worth the entire price of admission to On the Fly.

It was a fascinating read. I really appreciated his explanation of why he's such a fan of Ender's Game Alive.

Posts: 40 | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
manji
Member # 11600

- posted      Profile for manji           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was very interesting to read how Card's subconscious filled in a lot of details in his novel, and that he only realized the extent of it years later.
Posts: 339 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
His experiences writing plays at BYU seems so obviously related based on how he describes it. It really was an enjoyable read.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
That revised aspect felt so natural to the story that I thought it was just something I'd forgotten about it.

One of the things that I think makes Ender's Game a classic is that one doesn't grow out of it.

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.