FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Uncle Orson On the Fly » 1/8 The Suicide of Microsoft

Author Topic: 1/8 The Suicide of Microsoft
anini
Member # 13120

- posted      Profile for anini           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

Can I obtain permission from Uncle Orson On the Fly to re-post this article at work? I am a subscriber but also Microsoft employee. I am deeply saddened to read about the problems OSC experienced with our latest product. With your permission, I will ensure our development teams review his feedback.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Anini,
I asked OSC your question and he said to tell you he's worked with it more now, and while all this is still true, the review that will appear in print will be more balanced. Share that one. Thanks!

Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a Windows 8 touchscreen laptop over the holidays and while initially it's rough relearning so much stuff, I definitely feel like it's a step in the right direction.

But of course I got a laptop that flips all the way back and essentially presents just the monitor to me. I love it.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
staredecisis
Member # 13054

- posted      Profile for staredecisis           Edit/Delete Post 
I agree that Windows 8 is terrible. I am a Mac user, but I have not had any problems with most previous Windows versions (and in fact I love Windows 7). But Windows 8 was too much change much too fast.
Posts: 40 | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.