FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Uncle Orson On the Fly » Fox News

Author Topic: Fox News
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't disagree with Mr. Card that calling Fox News the best reporting is an unpopular sentiment. But I did think he perhaps fails to understand that most modern viewers of TV broadcast news do not differentiate between the reporters and talk shows. Usually the reporters say "Benghazi happened, and there are questions." while the talk shows say, "Benghazi happened because Obama commanded the military to 'stand down' when they wanted to help. Outrageous!"

Most people don't really differentiate the two, they lump them all together as one network's opinions.

I also agree that President Obama did get a pass from the liberal media, while conservatives were the only ones leveling criticisms. But what criticisms? His birth certificate? The Reverend Wright? A closet Muslim/Communist? Lack of experience? All of it was given equal weight and presented as fact. It was ridiculous. The birth certificate thing went on for *years* because of Fox News. And then they wanted his grades for whatever reason.

Getting your news from the television has long ago stopped being wise. And Jon Steward/Jimmy Fallon are comedians, not news casters.

Literally the only time I haven't heard Fox News reporting be honest was on election night 2012 and Karl Rove was talking about how Romney could still win this, and Megyn Kelly turned to him and asked incredulously, "Is this just math you do as a Republican to make yourself feel better?"

But even interviews with Mitt Romney showed that he genuinely thought not just that he had a chance of winning, but that he was *going* to win. This despite Joel Silver months ago showing mathematically that we could be certain that Obama would win reelection. He predicted how ever state would go correctly (IIRC).

Fox News IMHO is completely bonkers, that doesn't mean I think CNBC is better. They are both owned by masters who have a specific agenda and they report towards it.

As for Obama's economic policies, why do we keep blaming/praising presidents for how the economy goes? It's the CONGRESS that sets most of our economic policy and gives the president a budget. If President Obama is woefully inadequate as a unilateral leader, it's because he shouldn't have to be. I don't think Obama is the worst president in history, seeing as how we have one who bumbled us into the Civil War. But we certainly have the WORST Congress in American history if we go by passing legislation / what sorts of things are being debated.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug64
Member # 13148

- posted      Profile for Doug64           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
As for Obama's economic policies, why do we keep blaming/praising presidents for how the economy goes? It's the CONGRESS that sets most of our economic policy and gives the president a budget.
A president and his party in Congress may not be able to do much to improve the economy, but they can certainly screw it up.
Posts: 7 | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.