Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » (expletive deleted) NaNoWriMo!

Author Topic: (expletive deleted) NaNoWriMo!
bladeofwords
Member # 2132

- posted      Profile for bladeofwords   Email bladeofwords         Edit/Delete Post 
I've had this story going for a while but it pales in comparison to my NaNoWriMo idea. It was a really good idea (my current work) but as soon as I started thinking about NaNoWriMo it got really hard for me to write. The ideas could possibly be blended but then I would have to think of a new idea for NaNoWriMo, which I'm really excited about. The contest is still almost two months away though! I mean, gosh, why couldn't people have started talking about it a month from now, that would be almost bearable. Is anybody else having this problem or am I all alone in my insanity?

Jon

Posts: 175 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Jon, no one says you have to wait until November to try writing a novel in one month.

If that idea is really itching your brain, why not go ahead and do your own September NaNoWriMo! challenge.

As you yourself have said, you have two months in which to come up with another idea.

My philosophy is that you ignore brain itches at your peril. Go! Write! Now!

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  | Report this post to a Moderator
Gen
Member # 1868

- posted      Profile for Gen   Email Gen         Edit/Delete Post 
Eh. No, you're definitely not the only one. Of course, my case may be a bit different... I know myself well enough to know that since I just finished a novel, I'm burned out. I'm using NaNoWriMo to *force* myself to not write long form until November. This has been hard. Thus far I've done lots of novel writing displacement activities, like coming up with epic fanfics to start (but managing not to start them), contemplating a YA space-opera update to Burnett's A Little Princess, joining a cooperative blog, joining an online RPG (which is a blast, and I'll keep up with it even after the novel starts back, since it's a very different way of thinking about words)... the list goes on. With any luck I'll be novel-ready and refreshed in November. At least that's the idea.

[This message has been edited by Gen (edited September 06, 2004).]

Posts: 253 | Registered: Jan 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.