Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Hatrack Cabin Fever

Author Topic: Hatrack Cabin Fever
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
It has come to my attention that there has been an elevated amount of tension, depression, irritation, and down right anger based on some of the posts here as well as private conversations with a few writers. This malaise has affected just about everyone, from the nicest of people to the hypersensitive. I have heard complaints on others as well as disappontment at their own literary efforts.
We are all suffering from the same element, lack of vitamin D.

It has been a very long winter. Cold and wet everywhere. It is about this time of year when people begin to turn on another. We are all craving sunshine and warm weather.

We have one month to go. Don't anybody else do anything rash. This will pass. Be patient.

[This message has been edited by snapper (edited March 01, 2010).]

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BenM
Member # 8329

- posted      Profile for BenM   Email BenM         Edit/Delete Post 
Come on down to Australia, there's plenty of sunshine and room, and we'll throw another steak on the barbie.
Posts: 921 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rich
Member # 8140

- posted      Profile for rich   Email rich         Edit/Delete Post 
What's this about a rash?
Posts: 840 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
I am really tempted to make a "Donner" joke right now.
Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

- posted      Profile for Bent Tree   Email Bent Tree         Edit/Delete Post 
We have been waiting for you Snapper, come on into the cauldron...ummm...I mean...hottub. Don't mind the carrots, onions, celery and bay leaf. It is just part of the 'aroma therapy'

We would never turn on each other.
*sharpens knife*

like you said it is just the adverse physiological affects of the winter solstice
*Rhythmic drumming begins*

"No don't just dip your toe in, jump on in. The water is Fine!"

Posts: 1888 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
I was told to never trust a skinny chef, BentTree.

But for you...

Cannonball!

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
"What's cookin'? I get to lick the pot! I get to lick the pot!" - Bugs Bunny
Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KayTi
Member # 5137

- posted      Profile for KayTi           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It is about this time of year when people begin to turn on another.

I think I hear another story trigger coming...zombie writer's apocalypse...

Posts: 1911 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Pyre Dynasty   Email Pyre Dynasty         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, we can play a game of last writer standing. I call Dark Surt's sword.
Posts: 1895 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edward Douglas
Member # 8872

- posted      Profile for Edward Douglas   Email Edward Douglas         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't want it to get warm, too soon. It'll be snapper season down here. Of course, not if they keep reducing the take. :-)
Posts: 133 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaythe
Member # 7857

- posted      Profile for Rhaythe   Email Rhaythe         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think I hear another story trigger coming...zombie writer's apocalypse...

Now we're talkin'!

Posts: 487 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.