Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » WOTF 2nd Quarter results (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: WOTF 2nd Quarter results
BenM
Member # 8329

- posted      Profile for BenM   Email BenM         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Owasm,

Yes it was similar. A bit more tightening up since version 55... I sent version 63

Posts: 921 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveR
Member # 9128

- posted      Profile for SteveR   Email SteveR         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys.

Here's hoping a hatracker finishes in the top three. I'm so impressed by the level of mutual support on this site.

Posts: 64 | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
satate
Member # 8082

- posted      Profile for satate   Email satate         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! Congratulations everyone. I feel so honored to know you all.
Posts: 968 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brad R Torgersen
Member # 8211

- posted      Profile for Brad R Torgersen   Email Brad R Torgersen         Edit/Delete Post 
They're not Hatrackers, but Laurie Gaulinas and Amanda McCarter are both in my on-line Alpha Reader group. I firmly believe they'd both be Finalists even as recently as three or four years ago. Laurie has actually been a Finalist before. Like Brennan Harvey, I think it's only a matter of time before she wins. The competition is getting so good now. Makes me very happy I snuck into a volume while the sneaking was good.

P.S: AnneMarie Buhl is actually izanobu at the WOTF forums; she and I did some Dean Wesley Smith workshops together in February. Great writer, I like her a lot, and I also think it's only a matter of time before she scores.

As Jon Lovitz once crowed, "GET TO KNOW ME!"

[This message has been edited by Brad R Torgersen (edited August 14, 2010).]

Posts: 386 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skadder
Member # 6757

- posted      Profile for skadder   Email skadder         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow...two Hatrackians in the finalist group. Excellent news! Big congratulations to Ben and Steve!
Posts: 2995 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats to BenM and Steven - and good luck!
Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PB&Jenny
Member # 9200

- posted      Profile for PB&Jenny   Email PB&Jenny         Edit/Delete Post 
I am humbled to be in such company. Congratulations!
Posts: 365 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bemused
Member # 8465

- posted      Profile for bemused   Email bemused         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to Ben and Steven and everyone who snagged an HM. May your continued success serve as inspiration to the rest of us. Especially to anyone like me who hasn't gathered the gumption to follow through yet and take the plunge.
Posts: 99 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brendan
Member # 6044

- posted      Profile for Brendan   Email Brendan         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Ben!! Oi, Oi, Oi. Does this mean you will get a free trip to the US?

Oh, and congrats Steve as well.

Posts: 789 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BenM
Member # 8329

- posted      Profile for BenM   Email BenM         Edit/Delete Post 
Heya Brendan. Not per se, as my story would have to make the top three first. Patty is another Aussie who made finalist, so there's still almost even odds there will be an Ocker accent at next year's bash one way or the other ;)
Posts: 921 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.