Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » Divine Interdiction

Author Topic: Divine Interdiction
Ergoface
Member # 1429

- posted      Profile for Ergoface   Email Ergoface         Edit/Delete Post 
Frightening but true. I am posting my first fragment for feeback. These are the first few lines of a short (approx 1500) word story. If you want the whole story to critique, please post here or just email me directly.

Thanks,

Dave
---------------------------
Divine Interdiction

We were just preparing to make contact with the subject planet, when the Divine Messenger appeared.
# # #
“All tests have been completed captain,” my first officer, Grell, said. “I can’t believe our luck. This planet is ripe: early stage tech development, relatively high population, mostly untapped natural resources, and a divided competitive political climate. We will have no problem at all establishing a very lucrative trade franchise here before the big outfits move in.”
I nodded my head in satisfaction. “No other issues, Zdond?” I asked the second officer.
“None worth mentioning, sir. We will have to take standard bioware precautions, when we are on the planet. They don’t seem to have done anything to eliminate mundane biovectors.”
“Well, that’s probably going to be one of the first negotiating items then,” I said grinning at my crew. “Basic health tools are always one of the hottest items with primitive civilizations.”
I was just about to order that the cloaking shield be dropped, when my first officer noticed the arrival of the messenger.

[This message has been edited by Ergoface (edited April 29, 2003).]

Posts: 77 | Registered: Jun 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Hildy9595
Member # 1489

- posted      Profile for Hildy9595   Email Hildy9595         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, you've caught my attention. Please feel free to send to hildy9595@aol.com and indicate whether you want a line-by-line critique or just an overall impression/feedback.
Posts: 338 | Registered: Aug 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Penboy_np
Member # 1615

- posted      Profile for Penboy_np   Email Penboy_np         Edit/Delete Post 
You've got stuff? I like stuff.
Posts: 42 | Registered: Mar 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Balthasar
Member # 5399

- posted      Profile for Balthasar   Email Balthasar         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, I'll take a look at it.
Posts: 130 | Registered: Apr 2007  | Report this post to a Moderator
nellievrolyk
Member # 1616

- posted      Profile for nellievrolyk   Email nellievrolyk         Edit/Delete Post 
Your fragment interests me and I would like to see more. So send away. I can use the critiquing practice.

Nellie

Posts: 55 | Registered: Mar 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with you too.
Posts: 8322 | Registered: Aug 1999  | Report this post to a Moderator
Fahrion Kryptov
Member # 1544

- posted      Profile for Fahrion Kryptov   Email Fahrion Kryptov         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, me, too.
Posts: 101 | Registered: Dec 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.