Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » Needs Help :>

Author Topic: Needs Help :>
DiaCornier
Member # 1684

- posted      Profile for DiaCornier   Email DiaCornier         Edit/Delete Post 
Below is the first few section of a short story (approx 5,300w). I'm looking for feedback pertaining to the flow, ending, and the big glaring inconsistincies that I no longer see once I've stared at a story for a few weeks straight.

Let me know if you'd be willing to read the rest. Thanks

“This is how the deal will run. I’ll take closed bids today. If I like yours, I’ll be in touch.” Taj paused and looked at each of the three investor representatives sitting around the table. The two older men nodded, brisk but still polite. That’s how money and power did it. The third, not quite old enough to be termed a man, jutted his chin out and shook his head.
“I need to see something. Was told not to lay out a pincher without first seeing something,” the kid said.
Taj smiled at the boy, bearing all his teeth, but the kid didn’t even know enough to be afraid. That was the problem with kids, didn’t even have the brains to know when they should be scared. Taj just let the silence hang in the air a moment, the unsettling quiet caused the kid to squirm in his chair. Better, Taj thought. Couldn’t let some punk kid start pushing his buttons, didn’t care who he was or what he offered.

Note from Kathleen:

We ask that people post no more than the first 13 lines of their work when they post something here at Hatrack. This is to protect your electronic rights to the story by keeping what is posted at a minimum.

[This message has been edited by Kathleen Dalton Woodbury (edited August 07, 2003).]

Posts: 94 | Registered: Jul 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Darkstorm
Member # 1610

- posted      Profile for Lord Darkstorm   Email Lord Darkstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't mind reading it.

thayes@medjet.com

Posts: 807 | Registered: Mar 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
MaryRobinette
Member # 1680

- posted      Profile for MaryRobinette   Email MaryRobinette         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be happy to take a look.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Jul 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Heresy
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Heresy   Email Heresy         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be happy to take a look at it.

archangelcmg@mac.com

Posts: 293 | Registered: Apr 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.