Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » Sci/Satire Short Story

Author Topic: Sci/Satire Short Story
Phanto
Member # 1619

- posted      Profile for Phanto   Email Phanto         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

So there I was standing, in line for the happiness machine. You want me to tell you what they are? But surely you know about them. How very strange. Well, it's hard to describe, but I'll try. It's this metal cap that you put on your head, and it, well, makes you feel happy. Sort of like that old "drug"--is that what it was called?--cocaine. But it's not "addictive," at least according to MicroSpots, which means, I guess, that it's a lot better. Oh, and it costs money to use. But not too much.
So anyway, I was in line for a shot with this, when a really hairy old man pushed his way in front of me. I protested of course, but he decided to ignore me; very rude. I couldn't do anything else about it, so I just it be. But here's the strange part: this man he turned around and started talking to me.

A 4 page, science fiction/satire short story.
If you want to read more and edit it, contact me at yos@gis.net or post your email in thread.

Posts: 697 | Registered: Mar 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
Just a note on your intro there...it really does everything wrong...like so wrong, it kinda is funny...which I suppose is your aim. Just thought I'd let you know. I'm always up for a good laugh, so count me in.
Posts: 8322 | Registered: Aug 1999  | Report this post to a Moderator
Marianne
Member # 1546

- posted      Profile for Marianne   Email Marianne         Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't go so far as to say everything is so wrong...not enough of the story there to know its purpose...go ahead and send it to me and I will give it a look.

marlyn@tds.net

Posts: 173 | Registered: Dec 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jedi_Kyle
Member # 1805

- posted      Profile for Jedi_Kyle   Email Jedi_Kyle         Edit/Delete Post 
It's sounds pretty good so far. Will you send it to me too?
Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.