Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » anybody really bored?

Author Topic: anybody really bored?
kinglear
Member # 1932

- posted      Profile for kinglear   Email kinglear         Edit/Delete Post 
ok, I admit it, I'm a feedback junkie. If anybody is really bored and has way to much free time, you care to read over the first draft of the first two chapters I've gotten onto paper? Just looking for comments to see if everything seems to make sense as you read it and if it stays interesting at all. No grammar/spelling/theory comments needed, just read and tell me if it flows well. (its pretty long, about 40 pages courier new, double spaced)

you can post here or email me, if you email me, just include Hatrack in the subject so it doesn't get tagged as spam.

thanks in advance

-jon-

Posts: 35 | Registered: Feb 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
mogservant
Member # 1739

- posted      Profile for mogservant   Email mogservant         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd take a look Lear. Like the name, by the way. It's one of my favorite plays.
Posts: 36 | Registered: Sep 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
TheoPhileo
Member # 1914

- posted      Profile for TheoPhileo   Email TheoPhileo         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll take a look.
Posts: 292 | Registered: Feb 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
What's it about? And what the heck do you mean by "flows well" excluding grammer/spelling/theory for crying out loud?
Posts: 8322 | Registered: Aug 1999  | Report this post to a Moderator
kinglear
Member # 1932

It the beginning of a sci-fi story which will end up being about the origins of humanity and what we could do with it. It's sort of an adventure with thoughts along the way, but these chapters are mostly actions and not a whole lot into the thick end of the plot.

As to flows well I just want to make sure it reads well. Do you understand what is being written, are the descriptions working. As to excluding grammar and the rest, this is still in the first draft, I don't want to ask people to go through and try to fix my punctuation or trying to fix it if I accidently use their instead of there or they're. Those are my mistakes to fix, not anyone elses.

Survivor
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah...okay, but remember that getting the right words in the right order can be a pretty big part of whether it makes any sense. And I don't know what you mean by excluding theory...to my mind it implies that you are planning to barrage the reader with incoherent descriptions of things that don't have anything to do with the development of the narrative. Or maybe that you're planning on abandoning all conventions of literature like POV/narrator forms and suspension of disbelief and all that. I'd better stop thinking up new horrors and let you just say what you mean.
Posts: 8322 | Registered: Aug 1999  | Report this post to a Moderator
kinglear
Member # 1932

I was just looking for a few people who felt like reading a couple chapters and giving me some overall thoughts. Sorry if my post confused and confounded you...

*** runs away from Survivor fearing he will bring out his big stick marked POV ***

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.